Caught

All the blood drained from your face as you froze, not daring to make any movement.

"Trying to escape?" A voice asked. You held your breath, staring at the wall of the mansion.

Something pressed against your back and you flinched as a person wrapped their arm around your waist.

"Shhh, don't move or I might shoot." They whispered and you squeezed your eyes shut. "Now would you like to explain why you climbed down the side of the mansion?"

You could feel your heart rate increase with every second as you tried to figure out who was behind you and how to answer the question.

"Staying quiet? That's no fun. Justify your actions (Y/n). We figured you might try this eventually."

You opened your eyes slowly, "I'm sorry..."

The gun was pushed harder against your back, "That's not an explanation (Y/n). Don't think I won't pull this trigger. If you're bedridden you can't try to run."

You shook as you gazed up at your window, wishing you had paid more attention to your surroundings.

"Are you going to give me the silent treatment? I can tell you that this won't end well if you do."

You shook your head, "Would you believe me if I said I wanted to go outside but didn't want to run into any of you?"

They laughed, "I know that's not why, but nice try."

You let out a shaky breath as you looked down at the ground, "I was trying to leave."

"Ah, the truth comes out." They said as their grip around you tightened. "And tell me dear." The voice whispered next to your ear, "What do you think gave you the right to attempt this?"

Your eyes widened as you fought to keep yourself from visibly showing any fear. Even without looking at their face, the amount of malice and danger in their voice was enough to make you want to run away. "I...I got frustrated."

"With...?"

"You guys. I felt like I couldn't do anything and that you were restricting me with everything so I decided to do something for myself." You said, trying to keep your voice steady.

"I see."

There was silence for a few moments before the sound of the gun clicking hit your ears again.

You squeezed your eyes shut, feeling fear overtake you, "No! Please! I don't want to die!"

Nothing happened for a few seconds before the person started laughing, "You don't want to die?"

You shook your head as you tried to pry their arm away from you.

"You're so silly (Y/n), but stop trying to push me away (Y/n)." They said warningly.

"I'll stop when you stop threatening to kill me." You said hurriedly, glancing around for a possible escape route.

"I'll pull the trigger." They growled. You froze.

"There you go. You can behave. Now, I'm going to let go of you and if you try to run, I will shoot you. Do you understand?"

You nodded. Their arm disappeared and you fell to the ground, shaking.

"Come on. Let's go back inside the house."

You grabbed the grass beside you in fists, "I don't want to..."

"I don't have any patience left. Let's go."

"I don't want to go back in there." You whispered.

"That's cute. I don't remember asking if you wanted to do something, I told you to do something. So let's go." There was an air of finality in their tone.