Potential Plans

You choked on your food and looked at him with wide eyes, "Your parents...as in the movie stars?"

Sean nodded and glanced at the other boys. They all had expressions of curiosity and annoyance on their faces.

"I thought you said they wouldn't be back here for a while." Vincent said, staring at him in suspicion.

"I did. They weren't supposed to come back but apparently my mom decided a few days back at home would do well for her and my father." Sean said as he rubbed his temples.

"This is annoying." Elijah murmured. "Do they know about (Y/n)?"

"No!" Sean hurriedly said, "Which is why we need to talk about this."

Everyone was silent and you looked around the room. You had set your plate on your bedside table and glanced around. Sleep was far out of your mind at this point.

"What if you bring up the murder." Mason said.

Sean raised an eyebrow.

"Mason, give an actual idea. Not some stupid half-thought that just passed through your brain." Xander said with a sigh.

"I'm being serious." Mason glared at Xander, "(Y/n)..." He turned to look at you, "Did you know that your old friend Layken was found dead?"

You nodded slowly, feeling a sense of uneasiness. Mason turned back to look at Sean.

"Well, what if you tell your parents that she was her best friend and we got cleared for days off school to come out to the countryside and try to relax and cope with the situation as best as possible." He finished, looking around hopefully.

"Oh my god...He does have a brain." Elijah said with wide eyes.

"Alright listen here you piece of broccoli-"

"Shut up. Mason might be onto something." Sean said, staring down at the bed.

Mason beamed proudly, "Of course I am."

"So I'm here to mourn a friend?" You asked slowly.

"Yes. Losing Layken was so hard on you that we brought you out here for some fresh air." Sean answered. "This could work!"

"I never thought I'd see the day we used one of Mason's plans but...." Xander trailed off with a sigh.

"You guys act as if I'm stupid." Mason scowled.

There was no response.

"If you'll excuse me for a minute, I have to go to the bathroom." You said as you slid off the bed and walked to the bathroom.

Shutting the door behind you, you walked over to the mirror and looked at yourself. Your docile expression fell and morphed into one of anger.

They're acting as if I'm some kind of pet. Talking about me as if i'm not there..... You turned the sink on and gathered some water in your hands. Throwing it on your face you turned the water off and grabbed a towel. Looking back at yourself, you scowled.

I look like a rat. A pathetic rat.

"Why didn't you say anything about her health being at risk for these past two days?" Elijah hissed as he glared at Xander.

"Yeah, comas weren't brought up at all when we talked about this." Vincent said.

Xander scoffed and rolled his eyes, "People really do believe anything anyone with ties to the medical field says. She wasn't going to go into a coma. Her blood sugar couldn't have been that low."