~Leo x Hurt!Reader | Too Good~

Words- 1184

You were walking home, minding your own business. You stopped dead in your tracks when you heard snickering from around the school's entrance. It was them.

"HEY BITCH! What you stoppin' for?" A boy barked as he flicked the cigarette out of his hands. When they saw you they thought that maybe tormenting you a bit would relieve their boredom. Despite these boys being younger by two or three years they still seemed to tower over you. You ran as fast as you could but they cornered you into an alley.

"Boys, boys, please. Let's think calmly about this." You said as you backup. They beat you into the ground while calling you every horrible name in the book. One of them had held you up by the collar with a strong and merciless grip and slammed your head against the wall. They all ran away from the scene and left you there.

You laid there, alone. The city's subway was rolling over your head as you breathed harshly from all the pain. God knows how long you laid there, and from time to time there would be a person walking by that would turn their head in your direction but didn't seem to care enough to help in any way. After time had passed you clenched your stomach with your arms and tried to get up.

You gritted your teeth as you tried your best to get up. When you stood up you stumbled on the side on the walls of the alley. Your vision fogged, would have sworn you felt like your dying from this headache you now had. You looked out onto the street and realized your house was close by. With each passing step there you panted with your head lowered. You didn't want your neighbors to recognize you at the moment.

When you did make it to your apartment you sat on your bed and got the bandages from your bedside drawer. You sighed as you wrapped them carefully around yourself, you weren't even sad anymore you just had enough for today. You really needed to get out of this city, maybe you could move to the countryside and start a garden. You couldn't remember the last time you saw a flower growing outside.

You did want to go to the library to release this headache, the quiet would soothe the exploding sensation in your head, but you were too afraid you'd run into those guys again. All you asked was just some peace and-

The faint and indistinct sound of your phone had interrupted your thoughts. You grumbled under your breath until you saw that is was Leo who was calling you. You took a deep breath and answered.

"'Sup." Was how you greeted him. You had your phone on your shoulder and tilted your head to keep in place. You were working on your bandages while you were on the line.

"Hey (Y/n) how you been? I was just wondering if you and I could hang out together?"

A part of you had urged you to keep a brave voice on so he wouldn't get suspicious, Leo worried a lot about your well being but you never told him about your little encounters with those boys at school. One time Leo saw you walking around with a bunch of bruises and cuts like it was nothing, after that, you wore your bandages all the time.

"Sorry Leo, I cant I-shit!!" You cursed. Leo's eyes blinked in surprise. You hardly ever cursed, you said the language was beneath you. The use of the foul language was from you tightening the bandages to much.

"Hey, you okay? (Y/n)?" Leo sounded worried and desperate. You hissed in pain and covered your mouth so he couldn't hear you. You picked your phone back up.

"I-I'm good, everything's fine." You sounded perfectly fine but Leo wasn't buying it.

"I'm coming over there." He said as he hung up. You stopped and felt all your blood leave your body in fear. He was going to find out, and you kept this secret for so long too. You practically jumped and ignored the pain it caused you to get rid of any suspicious evidence of what went down.

You threw your bandages in the drawer, grabbed the hydrogen peroxide and tried to clean up the blood as best you could before he arrived. When all that was done you heard the window being opened but your back was facing him, you didn't want him to see you.

"(Y/n).." He slowly walked up to you but you didn't move and you didn't speak.

He put both of his hands on your shoulders and turned you around. His heart sank at what he saw. You had a bunch of bruises and cuts all over your pretty face, his thumb gently brushed over your cheek which made you wince a little but you tried not to show it. Your expression was one of annoyance. But he was fuming with anger.

"Who did this." He said coldly.

"It's none of your business, back off me. I said I was fine!" You pushed his hands away from you.

"I find that hard to believe." He said in the same cold tone as before and clenched his fists. Leo tried his hardest to keep that unwanted anger at a safe minimum. His face softened quickly when he saw you were crying a little.

"Listen I-I-I," you sniffed, "I am fine!!" You yelled but he wasn't taking anymore of it. In a split second, he brought you into his strong arms and hugged you.

Your eyes widened but you did hug him back with all the strength you had. While never breaking the hug he sat down on your bed with you in his arms.

"Why did you lie?" He asked.

"I thought-...I thought I could handle it." He shushed you in response. It physically pained him to see you so hurt and to feel your small and weak body shake in fear and excruciation.

"Don't worry about it, I'll take care of them for you."

"No" you objected.

"What? why?" He asked in surprise.

"The only reason they treat others harshly is because that's how they have been treated their whole life. They are young and they don't know any better. I'm sure I could change them, I just need time." Leo didn't like the thought of you going up against them another time but he did manage to smile.

"You really are too good for this world." He hugged you tightly.

"The world doesn't see it that way." You mumbled drowsily.

"But I do." He replied as he stroked your hair a little. Not a moment too soon your body started to feel slightly limp and he heard the soft sound of you snoring. He looked down to see your head laying gently against his plastron. A blush grew across his face as he smiled warmly.

"I love you." He whispered with you still sleeping in his protective arms.

====