~Donnie x Reader | Have You~

Words- 1242

Donnie was a nervous wreck at the moment because he was planning on asking April out on a date. He was pacing in the lab rehearsing the things he wanted to say to her. On his desk were a few roses in a bunch, a tiny box with a stunning necklace in it, and a piece of paper that had every word Don wanted to say to her.

You were in the lab reassuring him that he will be fine. You always felt a little piece of you died every second Donnie kissed up to that red head. You liked Donnie but he never saw you as more than a friend. No matter how many times you helped him with experiments or the amount of times you threw the most obvious hints, he would cease to notice. Your hints were so obvious that his brother caught on that you had feelings for him.

All of Donnie's brothers were watching from the garage entrance, because they were worried how either of you would take April's answer. Either Donnie will be happy and you will be depressed, or the other way around. That's when light footsteps came through the entrance of the lair. Donnie jumped because he was so nervous.

You physically had to force yourself not to do anything rash out of pure anger every time Donnie got nervous around April's presence. "Hey Guys, what's up?" She asked as she entered the lab. You were standing next to Donnie but now you walked past April and went over to the labs garage door to watch with his brothers. "Ugh, he better not be backing out." Raph commented under his breath.

"Hey April!" Donnie's voice sounded much more higher pitched than he would've liked but that was only because he was practically trembling in his place. It was a shame to see Donnie fall for a good friend of yours. Though you did enjoy taking her down in sparing matches, almost like how Raph likes being the best fighter and enjoys reflecting that to his brothers.

"You called me heard right? You said you had something you wanna tell me." April said, almost like she was reminding Donnie of the reason why she was here in the first place because Donnie seemed to be deep in his own mind without realizing. "Oh! Um, yes of course. I-I..um, well I was j-just wondering if you would like to..g-go out w-with me?" Donnie squeaked out the last part of his sentence and was very unsure of the answer he was about to receive, so he paid very close attention to her facial expressions and how they would change.

From the moment Don and April had met April knew Donnie had a thing for her, she wasn't as gullible as she lets people perceive her to be. But when those words left Donnie's mouth April's mind gave her every reason why she wouldn't want to be with Donnie. Don't get her wrong she had absolutely nothing against him, they were friends after all, it's just that she knew it wouldn't work out the way Don would want it to work out, and April knew how fragile Donnie could be.

But there was one word and one word only that left her lips, and she didn't even mean to say it. She really didn't mean to, she wasn't stupid. April couldn't stop herself in time though..

"No."

Donnies eyes shot wide open. "Donnie I didn't mean-" "No no, it's fine *sniff* I get it. You want Casey don't you." His voice was shaky as he tried to pull himself together. Donnie turned around to face his desk and started to cry. You ran into the lab and gave Donnie a reassuring hug while shooting April a glare. "I'm so sorry, let me-" April started as she tried to inch closer, though you would not let her. "I think you've done enough.." you said in a cold tone while still holding onto Donnie who was now sitting on the floor and crying over your shoulder.

You took a deep breath. "I'll text you when it's okay to come back and apologize." You sighed out, April left nonetheless. Don't get April wrong, she knew she could have handled the situation a lot better, she just forgot how to filter herself at that moment. Though when she left Leo, Mikey, an Raph rushed in. "Donnie, I'm sorry. We didn't she she was gonna-" Leo started, however you held up your hand, "You guys go, I can handle this." You pleaded as you looked up at them.

They nodded and left the lab, as they left Leo closed the door behind them. You looked back at Donnie who clung onto you as he was still crying a little. "I'm sorry Donnie, I'm sure she didn't mean it." You tried to comfort him in his moment of utter pain and despair. You lifted his head up and wiped away his tears. "You deserve better Donnie." You said as you held his hand and intertwined your fingers with his.

"I'm sorry." Donnie said in a low tone as he lowered his head. When the words left him you couldn't believe that he was the one apologizing. "Don't be, this wasn't your fault. Remember that you..uh...s-still have me." You nervously said as you felt your studder starting to kick in and your chest gaining a strange sensation.

Donnie looked a you a little dumbfounded at that, while he was trying to process the words you just told him. You heavily sighed after a few seconds of silence. "I'm sorry, You probably still wanna give April another shot, right?" You said heartbroken as you began to part away from Donnie's grasp.

Donnie took your arm as he stood up and looked into your eyes as his body was only inches away. Your eyes widened in surprise as your face started to get warmer by the second. You looked up at him, "I still have you, don't I?" He said as he moved his face closer to yours.

You were very nervous but you did inch your face closer to his. Your spine shivered when your lips collided but only ten seconds into the kiss you both heard the sound of clapping. Both of your eyes open and turned in the direction of the sound and that's when you hid in Donnie's chest in embarrassment.

Right at the entrance of the lab was Raph who was slow clapping, Mikey who was aiming his phone camera at you both while Leo just chuckled at the sight of you both holding each other. "I didn't think you had it in ya Don." Raph joked which made Mikey laugh. "Yeah, when are we gonna be uncle's D?" Mikey asked eagerly, however the question made you more embarrassed while it made Donnie more mad.

Leo put one hand on Mikey's shoulder while he put the other one on Raph, "C'mon guys, let's give them some space." Leo said as he led his brothers out of the lab. Donnie mentally thanked Leo for that. The rest of the night went pretty well. This was probably the first night in a long time that Donnie did not feel lonely. It was great.