~Leo x Reader | Lose Myself~

Words- 590

Leo just woke up from his 3 month coma and now not only does he have to wait until he's healed but he also has to adjust to life in the woods for a while. Right now he wanted some fresh air and decided to take a walk into the woods, he knew it wouldn't be the best idea but he just wanted some time to himself and reflect. He did find a small river that flowed gracefully through the woods so he decided to sit by it and meditate though this time it was actually difficult.

When he opened his eyes and looked into the river and his reflection and looked at himself. Leo felt like he lost everything, his home, Splinter, and worst of all the Kraang had complete control over New York and all he could do was sit and do nothing. Leo slapped the water in pure frustration, but when the ripples in the water decreased he saw you standing behind him in the reflection of the water.

"I know how hard it must be for you right now." You told him as you sat next to him. "No kidding, look at me. I'm useless this way." You frowned at Leo's choice of words and the impact they had on you. "Leo you and I both know that's not true-" "Lets just face it, I'm never going to be the same again." He interrupted though he sounded really upset with himself.

"Leo, what was one thing Splinter always told you when you were a child?" You rhetorically ask him. "...never give up hope." He mumbled. "Splinter says it for a reason and you know it." Leo didn't say anything. You sighed, "Leo I'm really trying to get through to you here, because I know it may not seem like it now but they need you, we all need you, everyone was falling apart without you."

Leo didn't answer again, "A wise man once said, 'Accept your weakness and you've already lost.'...I'll leave you alone now but I want you to know one other thing...Don't let your injury harm you longer than it needs to." You said as you stood up. "Where are you going?" He asked "I could ask you the same." Leo paused at that then he tried to get up off the ground.

"(Y/n)! Wait." You turned around. "What do you need?" "I don't think I wanna be alone anymore." Leo said a little embarrassed but you smiled and understood where he was coming from. You both sat back next to the river but this time you both sat closer to each other than last time. You both sat there for what felt like an eternity.

It was now nighttime and the stars and moon shunned brightly overhead. Leo broke the silence. "Can I ask you something (Y/n)?" "Anything." "Will you still be by my side...even if I lose myself?" He asked though that question wasn't something that you were expecting but you were quick to answer. "There is nothing that would make me leave your side, Leo." Thats when Leo laid down and rested his head on your thighs you even started to gently message his head with your hand, which made Leo blush a little.

While Leo was stargazing with his head still on your thighs he started to get sleepy quickly. You smiled at his drowsy eyes. You started to doze off and when you looked back at Leo as he was now sleeping.

====