~Raph x Reader | The Same~

Words- 944

Tiered...just..Tiered. That was the only word that came to mind when you have been over working yourself in the dojo for the past week. Ever since the turtles last fight with Shredder you realized that the only way to get things done was to do better, be better and be there for them. Your thoughts came to an abrupt halt when Master Splinter walked in.

"(Y/n), may I speak with you?" He spoke.

"Yes, of course."

"I have noticed that you spend a lot more time in the dojo training rather than doing anything else. Care to explain why?" He asked. Though you knew Splinter all too well, you knew that he knew why you were here.

"It's- it's just that..I'm very worried about them Splinter. Shredder was viscous last fight and I was not there to assist them. What if something bad happens?" You explained, Master Splinter sighed at your words.

"(Y/n), child, I know it's hard to see them get hurt and I know how much you care about them, but don't make yourself suffer just to see them safe." He lectured, you did take in his words though you knew you still need to work your self till the end. After Master Splinter left you made sure he was gone, and that's when you were murdering the punching bag again.

You had enough though, you were punching the bag so hard and so fast that it was starting to hurt your knuckles. When you stopped and looked at them they were bleeding, a lot. That's when Raph rushed in,

"(Y/n), WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" Raph scolded as he held your arms making sure you wouldn't continue.

"LISTEN, YOU AND YOUR BROTHERS ALMOST LOST YOUR LIVES AND I WAS NOT THERE TO PROTECT YOU!!"

"WELL DONT WORK YOURSELF TO DEATH JUST BECAUSE YOU DONT WANT US HURT!!" He yelled trying to get through to you, all this tension though made you break down.

You started to weep right in front of him and Raph held onto you in a comforting attempt. "Hey, hey it's okay..im sorry for yelling I-..." Raph tried to make the situation better. He sat you on the floor and he sat right in front of you with his hands on your shoulders.

"I-I just, you c-came back so...so hurt, I just-" you were cut off when Raph put his arms around you.

"Listen (Y/n), It's great to know that you care so much about us, but we care about you too. Don't sacrifice yourself like this."

"But, Shredd-" he put a finger on your lips, indicating for you to stop talking.

"I did the same..and I saw how It could break you in more ways than one." He said as he unraveled the bandages on his hand, when they were fully off though you looked at it in horror, there were scars everywhere on his hand, especially the area around his knuckles. You grazed your fingers over it. "I did the same exact thing you did when we had our first fight with the Shredder, In fact no one has been the same since then, but I did realize that I can't hurt Shredder by hurting myself. My brothers almost lost me and I don't wanna lose you too." He said with pain in his eyes.

"I don't wanna lose you too Raph, but I had no idea." Raph cracked a tiny smile.

"Let's go get you bandaged up." He said as he held your hand. You both made it to Donnie'a lab, "Hey Don, where do you keep the bandages?"

"Over in the bottom drawer, Why?" Donnie questioned as he pointed to the direction of the bandages.

"(Y/n)'s hurt, but I'll make sure she's fine." You looked disappointed at yourself as you faced the ground, Raph saw that so he asked his brother Donnie to give you and Raph a moment.

"Yeah sure. I'll be on the couch if you need me." Donnie said as he grabbed his laptop and left the lab.

Raph then turned to face you, you eyes were a little watery and he lifted your head with his finger in your chin and he was pretty close to you now.

"It's going to be okay (Y/n). You know how much a care about you, so this hurts me just as much as it hurts you." He took your hand and led you to the labs table so you sat there as Raph wrapped the bandages around both your hands.

"Raph I'm sorry I never realized."

"No, don't be. You have nothing to be sorry for."

"Hey Raph...Thanks..." you thanked him as he finished with your bandages. You hopped off the table and hugged him tightly.

"Hey (Y/n)"

"Yes?"

"...Love you." Was all he said and when you looked at his face is was a similar shade to his mask. But that's when you pressed your lips against his and you both kissed for about a minute.

During that minute though Mikey passed by the lab entrance and saw you both and snapped a few photos, though Mikey forgot to turn off the flash on his camera. Raph paused,

"MIKEY!!" He yelled as Mikey ran for his life, but you held on to Raph's arm and when Raph looked down at you tugging his arm he stopped trying to chase Mikey.

He pulled you close, pulled you up by the legs so you were facing him as you rested your head on his. After everything that went down that night you were already
feeling better.

====