Don't Hate Me

With a jolt I wake up.

Another memory dream? Why do they keep happening? I guess I'll have to deal with them for now. If they carry on for long then I don't know what I'll do. That day turned out to be amazing until dad ruined it. He came in and talked to us for ages. He didn't even yell. He just talked to us while we cleaned up everything.

It's been 17 years since that happened. I still talk to everyone but Five disappearing all those years ago really hurt. I stayed for a while but I couldn't after Allison left. We all got over ourselves and started getting nicer after a while. I just don't think I could've handled the place without my two favourite people. 

I still talk to everyone. I think I'm the only one. Allison is the hardest to get in contact with due to her job. Surprisingly Luther is the easiest to contact. Even though he's on the moon.

It gets quite lonely sometimes but I have a boyfriend now. He's the sweetest guy I know. I'd be lying if I said a little of my heart doesn't belong to Five. Now I have fond someone else to fill the hole he left. Speak of the devil, he walks in through the door. Chad. My Chad. He runs in, almost knocking me over. His speech is rushed as he agreed that I'm fine.

"Baby, you need to watch the news," his eyes are full of pity. I switch the TV over to the news. The headlines are bad.

"Sir Reginald Hargreaves is dead"

Tears sprinkle my eyes. Words are stuck in my throat. The only one I can get out is, "Dad?"

~~~~

I pack my bags and get a taxi over to my childhood home. Its still as large and scary as it used to be. The colossal Gates keeping the world out and keeping us in. It did a bad job though. We always found a way to escape. My phone rings as I'm paying the taxi.

"Hello, Little sister," Diego's voice says through the phone. The familiarity warms my heart.

"I'm the same age as you," I laugh. I get it. He's an overprotective, 'big' brother. He doesn't have to be. Luther is bigger though. He told what dad did to him. He still hasn't told anyone else.

"But still, did you hear the news?" he has a tinge of sadness in his voice. We may have hated dad for what he did but he was still our dad. We grew up with him and kind of loved him.

"Yep," I move the luggage inside, "I just got back to the old house," it never felt like a home. It was a prison. Just without the bars. It trapped us inside until dad wanted us to do something.

"Cool, I'll be over in a few. Still working. Just saved a family. Anyway, see you then. Bye!" he hangs up. Diego still did the superhero stuff. I think it's dumb but he can do whatever he wants. I just do art for the locals or who asks. I mainly draw peoples kids. Apparently I'm good but it's only simple. Chad paints. I usually draw the kids and he paints over my drawing.

The hall is still as large as it used to be. I mean it wouldn't have changed over night but still. It's exactly as it used to be. It was this very hall where I found my power.

~~~~

I hop down from the table. Daddy has just let us go after breakfast. Yesterday I saw two girls doing a clicky thing with their fingers. I've been trying myself since I saw but I just haven't been able to. I flick my fingers together but the sound doesn't happen.

"Lilia, what are you-" click.

"Luther? Why have you stopped talking? Daddy!" I start bawling right there and then. Daddy struts around the corner and sees what I've done,"Daddy,i just clicked my fingers and Luther stopped doing anything!" more tears roll down my cheeks,

"Stop crying number number eight! You found your power! You can manipulate time." that's all daddy says before going back to his study.

~~~~

It was a long time before Luther was back to normal. I spent at least an hour trying to click again. I laugh at the memory.

"Miss Lilia, it's nice to see you!" Pogo walks down the large stairs. I smile. Pogo was always good to me.

"Hey Pogo, it's nice to be back," I lean down and hug the Ape before lifting up my cases, "I need to get these to my room. I won't be a minute,"

"I will take them upstairs for you," he smiles up at me. I nod and go through to the kitchen. 

"Hello, Lilia!" Allison has a blue top on. It suits her. 

"Hey sis,"

"Hello to both sisters," Diego finds his way to us. 

"What in the hell are you wearing?" I say dismissively. He has his uniform on. I say uniform. I mean his attire for crime fighting. It looks idiotic. He is amazingly stupid. 

"Black." Diego walks away up to his room.