It's A Day In The Life

It's our first assignment ever. We are all pounding with excitement. We'll all except for Ben. He is not that thrilled. Can you blame him though? There's a robbery at the bank and we're going to save it. I'm first to go in. It's probably because I'm dad's favourite and my powers can't really do much. I snap my fingers to freeze everybody in there while I find a secure place to hide. I hide on a window sill and talk into my own walkie talkie.

"There are two -no three guys. About twenty to thirty hostages. All the guys have guns. I see movement inside the vault. There's more guys in the vault. Allison you could sort the first guy out couldn't you?" I kind off whisper into the walkie talkie. I must be quiet enough.

I see her skip around the corner moments later. Her hair bouncing around.

She smiles, "I heard a rumour that you shot your friend in the foot" he points the gun at his friend and shoots twice. After that it wares off. The two grown ass men just got beat by a twelve year old. I guess we are almost thirteen but still. My point stands.

Luther smashes through the roof and through another guy out the window. Diego runs in with a line about knives that we've all heard before. He's always going on about how great knives are. He throws two directs them straight into a guys chest.

Th first guy is on the bank counter, "get back you freaks." he backs away slowly.

Someone from our group says, "be careful up there, buddy"

To which I respond with a giggle, "yeah, wouldn't want you to get hurt." he looks up at me in confusion as if to say 'how on earth did you get up there'. Instead of answering I hop down as five appears. He's cross legged on the counter.

"Or what" he questions. The guy fires a shot as he disappears again. He shoots out in frustration. Five appears behind him. The guy looks super confused. I chuckle soundlessly and click my fingers. I have frozen everyone but Five and myself.

"What should I swap his gun for?" I say to five. He doesn't respond but jumps down next to me. My heart flutters at him being anywhere near me. He hasn't even touched me and I'm going crazy. Why does he do this to me?

"stapler. Definitely stapler." he says. I slip the gun into my hands and wrap the guys fingers around the stapler.

"Let's hope dad's proud of us." I say, downheartedly. Five looks at me in dolorous. He takes my hands in his and my heart flutters. He looks super sad to hear me say something like that. It's not that much of a big deal.

"It's dad, he wouldn't but we can only hope," he replies. Not an ounce of joy in his voice. He hops up to the counter. I snap my fingers for the millionth time this week. I use my time manipulation skills a lot. Especially recently. I love it but it tires me out so much. My head is hurting so much due to the lack off sleep and how much I have been using my powers.

"That's one badass stapler!" Five laughs. He strikes the guys forehead with the stapler. Five hops down as more noise rings from the hostages. They seem to be pointing towards the vault. Oh yeah. I completely forgot about them. The other siblings are nudging Ben towards.

"Do I really have to do this?" he asks. Discomfort coming off him in waves. I feel sorry for him. He is sometimes called 'the horror' by us. I mean he does have tentacles coming from his body.

"Come on Ben there's more guys in the vault." one of the boys say.

"It's okay Ben." I interrupt. He looks at me with gratitude. He just needs some encouragement. He doesn't need to be forced into anything.

"I didn't sign up for this," he grumbles, entering the vault. From outside we could see the tentacles throwing men around aimlessly. I speed up time again. I'm getting really dizzy so I stop.

The hostages had run out as soon as Ben went inside the vault. In result, there was only us six to witness Ben as he came from the vault. Blood covered him from head to toe.

"Can we go home now?"

~~~~

I stand next to Five, Luther behind me. I'm not feeling great after using my powers so much but I can survive. Dad marches in front of us. He has started his dramatic speech.

"Our world is changing. Has changed. There are some among us, gifted with abilities far beyond the ordinary. I have adopted seven such children. I give you the inaugural class of the umbrella academy."

News reporters start asking their questions and dad answers them somewhat sensibly. I mean he is sensible but it's not the best to say in front of children. He is more caring about the fate of the world than us. I don't know what I was expecting. Its dad. He doesn't actually care for us.

We get home after long enough. Of course I had used my powers to speed up quite a bit. I stopped when we got asked a few questions. Dad leaves to his office. We are left to do our own thing. I'm hungry but teas in an hour. I know it's bad but I start speeding up time again. Not too long after, my head feels like it's going to burst and I just collapse.

~~~~

"She's fine, Five," a familiar female voice complains, "you need to go to bed like the rest of us." Vanya. God I hate her. My eyes feel like cement as I slowly open them. I groan in pain. Why does it hurt so much?

"She's awake!" Five. A lot of footsteps before utter silence. I blink. The light is so bright. My arms and legs feel weak. Nevertheless I push myself up with my arms.

"What time is it?" I grumble, pain evident in my voice. I hurt all over. Everyone talks at once but I can understand that it's around eleven. I'm guessing at night since Vanya was trying to get Five to sleep. I don't want to be around everyone. I just want Five.

He's next to me. He looks worried. Vanya'a behind him, glaring at me with misery. Diego and Luther are somehow calm as they stand on opposite side of my legs. Diego is polishing a knife. Shit. It's too late to get the knives. I can feel the colour drain from my face. Let's hope Five did something right in his life.

I look to Five, "have you-"

"Yes, I have them."

"How many?"

"Ten were made," I notice the others watching us with curiosity. Five and I chuckle.

"What are you on about?" Vanya said, annoyance evident in her voice.

"Just some inside joke," I say to Vanya, hoping she gets the message. I cautiously step off the bed and go upstairs to sleep peacefully.

----

It is currently 00.38 and I am not tired in the slightest. I just wanted to get this out there as soon as possible. Plz plz plz vote and comment! Thx!