Chapter 32

"My back hurts", Stephen lamented.

Sirin sighed, trying to put some ointment on the sore spot on his back. "I know."

A wince. "Daniel's heavy."

"Your sore back isn't even because you carried Dan most of the time", Sirin poked him with the ointment-filled cotton between tongs. "You just got hit by that wave of plasma the Herrscher of Inferno unleashed when the two Herrschers got neutralized 'cause you stupidly tried to shield Hosuh-chan, who is already a Valkyrie-in-training and knows better. So, stop whining."

Silence reigned for a few moments.

Then, Stephen moved back to his own burnt wound. "This should have been healed a long time ago..."

Maybe there's something wrong with his quirk if his healing factor's not working completely?

"It is healing, you dolt", Sirin flicked him by the forehead, making the teen cry out in pain. "You just have to get it through your thick skull that Herrscher attacks are not like regular quirk attacks, much less stab wounds from a regular kitchen knife. If you didn't have something special in you, you would have been dead by now."

Stephen laughed weakly as Sirin left the chair next to the bed he was on in the room to get some bandages. "Well, we should count ourselves lucky, huh?"

A pause. Sirin's hands hovered on the bandage roll in the cabinet, before she let herself smile. "Oh, definitely."

After all, they were surprised that Izuku's spell actually worked. Not that they didn't have much faith in him, but because they were two Herrschers on the brink of awakening their true potential.

It managed to render the two unconscious, even if the target was supposedly just Iruma, but the two had released a shockwave of plasma and poison in reaction to it that caused majority of the squad to get injured.

There might have also been more civilians who got killed because of that, too, but they couldn't be sure.

So, now everyone was transported to Schicksal, which is the base of the Valkyries, to get their wounds treated and escape before the media rushes in and reports the whole thing as a massive villain attack.

It's really great for everyone and all, but Stephen is absolutely not liking the burn in his back that Sirin was bandaging. "So, you sure this is actually healing?"

Sirin flicked him by the nose this time. "No repeating questions."

"Ow!"

"Shut up for a bit and lie down so your wound heals properly", the purple-haired girl ordered, gently pushing Stephen to lie on the bed. "God, you're like Kiana who literally jumps in front of moving trains just to save a toy plushie."

A pause. "Well, I want a toy plushie."

She threw a pillow at him for all the trouble. "What did I just say?"

Stephen just laughed in response to that, which caused her to throw another pillow at his face. That sure shut him up.

Comfortable silence now hung around the room. Stephen let himself rest for a bit as he felt the hissing pain subsiding, and watched while Sirin worked in some paperwork.

"What'cha doing?", the purple-headed teen decided to ask.

"Just some reports I have to make as Schicksal's Overseer", Sirin answered, giving him a quick side-glance before going back to her work. "Which has nothing to do with you."