Chapter 24

So, they all did that, with Puffins sitting between Dan and Jay, and Joe sitting between Hosuh and Stephen.

Jay took a deep breath, before he started. "Once upon a time, way before the Pre-Quirk era, there were two species of humans; the Homininfirma, and the Emnetwits."

They all listened intently in what seemed to be wonder.

Meanwhile, Aizawa was frowning. Why have I never heard of this before?

"The Homininfirma are the ones who can't do magic, but rely on inguinity, strength, strategy and wisdom to survive in the world", Jay continued. "While the Emnetwits are the ones capable of wielding both dark and light magic, which are called Venenum magic if combined. They're the legendary species that ruled everything over five thousand years ago."

"It is said that the Emnetwits lacked the daunting size of the Gigants. They also didn't have that much refined magic like the Elves, too. Their building skills paled in comparison to that of the Moleians and the Homininfirma. Their reproduction rate could never match that of the Orcs, too", Puffins intervened, which caused Jay to laugh a little. "And of course, they also lacked the overwhelming strength of the Dragons. Despite being a puny existence with no superior abilities, they still managed to be the superior ones out of everyone else."

"How come?", Momo pondered. "They don't have as much advantage except for this Venenum magic, but even that magic's not that refined?"

"Well, that's where our swords come in", Joe gleefully stated. "One of the main reasons for their strength was the system of weapons called Carillions. They were made from very special magic, and each has a unique ability that can be very useful in battle! For example; my sword, Rosaurem, can make my spirit soar from my body, so I can fight while being invisible!"

"My sword, too, called Murusmarea, is able to grant me partial immortality in battle", Puffins sighed. "So, no amount of fatal wounds can really kill me. Well, unless you're really persistent and--"

"And my sword", Jay sent a warning glare to his brother, to which Puffins swwatdropped at. "Which you already know has the name Purgatorio, has the ability to take down sinners. As long as I consider the enemy to be a sinner, they won't be able to escape from it."

"Oooh...", the teens all listened in wonder.

Aizawa nodded, before turning to Dan. "And you? You're a part of this, right?"

"Y-yes, sir", Dan laughed awkwardly. "My sword's name is called Seniorious. It has the ability to kill anything and everything it can get it's blade to, including gods."

They all went silent.

"I-including gods...?", Aizawa frowned, to which Dan nodded at.

"Several hundred years and Dan's the first one to activate the talent after a long time since the Emnetwits disappeared, too", Jay laughed, albeit weakly. "Though, it's a tricky sword, because it only chooses the ones who had never experienced authentic happiness in their lives, and are doomed to a fate of tragedy and death, but who seek at least a taste of real joy anyway."

Dan looked down. Hosuh and Stephen stared at him, on edge. We...never knew that...

Stephen looked at the container containing the mixture that Dan gave him, before he clenched his fists in determination.

"It's fine, though!", the green-haired teen waved his arms frantically when he saw their worried gazes. "Honest!"

It still doesn't quench what they're feeling for him, though.