One

Bright sunlight peeked through the small window of the logged cabin, curtains danced along with the wind as the sun-speckled the girl lying in a small bed.

You, at the ripe age of twenty-three, managed to open your eyes despite your mind's urge to slip into a few more minutes of sleep. You rose up from the covers, giving a good stretch and a yawn before standing up on the sanded wood floor to give yourself a few more good stretches. 

You started out with your arms, raising them above your head, wiggling your fingers with a sleepy smile. You then moved onto your legs, swinging them from side to side in the air like a Twi'lek ballerina. Your swayed your hips, bending down to grace your fingertips along the tips of your toes. You drew in a deep breath, and you were finally ready to start the day.

You wore a simple, yet short white nightgown. It was rare that your planet ever experienced a cold night, so short, thin clothing was a preference and almost a must. 

Your day clothes swung outside in the morning air, rolling like the waves on Kamino. There really wasn't any proper electricity where you lived. That didn't matter to you anyways, you had everything you could ever need without it. Having the privilege of electricity now would almost feel like a curse.

You stripped your clothing from the line outside, padding back in the house as you undressed yourself and replaced your night ensemble with something that served to the humid climate of the planet. It was your favorite color, and actually sewn from the village tailor herself instead of one of her helpers. You strapped on a waist belt, on it was a holster big enough to fit your lightsaber.

You glanced over at the unique weapon that laid beside your pillow. You couldn't help but frown. 

On this planet, you don't come here. You end up here. It happens and it's almost without explanation, at that.

All you could remember was the beautiful woman swooping you into her arms like an angel, questioning your health. You were barely of age to remember anything. From then on, you lived with the woman and her husband. You referred to them as mother and father, but the people from the village referred to them as Jacquelin and Atticus.

Jacquelin was a beautiful woman, deep chocolate skin and a voice as smooth as the flowing rivers in the valley. She never raised her voice, and when she took strolls within the village, everyone greeted her with kind smiles and welcomes.She could calm a raging Wookie with simply her eyes. Jacqueline was just as much of a leader and defender as Atticus was.

Atticus was a sturdy, but humble man. He had coily black hair, and his skin resembled that of the mountainsides. His hands were worn from battles. He was one of the few defenders that protected the sparsely scattered villages among the planet. He was always gone by nightfall, back by sunrise. He never missed a beat when it came to mishaps, swooping you up when you began to trip, catching falling bowls and mugs before they even had the chance to land. 

You remembered that fateful day like it had only happened yesterday. "The galaxy is in danger." You could hear your mother say. Atticus entrusted you with his iconic saber, curling your fingers around the hilt with an earnest smile. "You must protect the people. They need you more than ever." They took off on a long-abandoned TIE fighter, promising their swift return.

It had been seven years since, and the villages lost hope. You were their new defender.

You, however, never gave up. You spent your free time writing in journals, daydreaming about their return. You rambled page after page with the hopeful predictions of when, and how they would return. You envisioned their stories they would have to tell about defeating the radical First Order, or infiltrating and spying from the inside to gain information to aid in the fight against the fascist government. If you could even call it that. It never seemed to fail to turn your worries into bubbling excitement and optimism.