(13) Fight

Chapter 13: Fight

Allison's P.O.V.

Turns out, it was easier than we thought to convince Damon to let Alex have me today.

But it was, however, embarrassing considering Damon thought that Alex liked me that way and...ugh.

So, here I am. Sitting on my bed with Alex like any other day.

"This is boring," I finally say.

"I told you, Lucas is working on the other vampires to gain their trust. If we're going to escape, we're going to have to make our enemies trust us. Lucas has the vampires, I have Damon, and you have Burnett." Alex explained to me for about the twentieth time.

I grunt. "And how exactly and I'm going to gain Burnett's trust?"

"Make yourself appear innocent. Now that Burnett's seen the real you, gaining his trust is going to be harder. So, tomorrow, when he has you, just talk to him like you would to me." He sighed and picked at his T-shirt.

"Sounds hard." I stated, getting off the bed and starting to pace.

"It won't be, he likes you." Alex said with a frown.

"Well, I don't like him." I whined, crossing my arms over my chest like a three-year-old.

He rolled his eyes with a teasing smile, but was quiet again.

When he finally spoke again, he didn't even sound like himself. "I don't think I'll be able to resist human blood here.When I was on my own, it was easy. No one made me drink human blood. Here, it gets harder and harder," He looks up at me. "I've been trying to get back on animal blood since the night at the club. But it doesn't satisfy me. They're turning me into the monster that I've been fighting ever since I was little."

"Wait, so, you were turned to a vampire when you were little ? That's why you left your mother and sister?" I asked, my tone soft.

He laughed bitterly, it was a horrible sound because I could easily hear the pain behind it. "I wish I was turned. But, no. This is a curse. I'm cursed forever. Sounds dramatic but..."

"Cursed?" I asked with crinkled eyebrows. This just shows how oblivious I am to the world of vampires. Darin never got to teach me as a newborn.

He nodded. "It's not normal, I know. I'm still the same as any other vampire, except... I think theres a cure to mine."

"A cure..." I repeated, running his words through my head. I wonder what Darin would think of this.

"Anyways, we need to get out of here, or we're going to bloodlust crazy just like all the other vampires here."

I frowned at the ground beneath me, "I don't want to be negative...I just think we can't-"

Alex tilted my chin up with his finger, interrupting me. "We can. I'll get you out of here."

I shaked my head out of his soft touch, stepping away from him. "I can't do this to you, Alex,"

ALex's hurt facial expression came into my view. "Do what?"

"This," I say frustratingly. "It's not fair to you, and it's not fair to me."

I fingered the glass around my neck gingerly. I hadn't of thought of it till now. "I don't know why I'm feeling this way towards you, but it has to stop."

"I know why."

I immediately turned to the sound of the voice. Luke. His eyes were flaming with fury.

"Luke, stay out of this." I demanded.

He ignored me. All of his attention was on Alex.

"Don't do this to her." Alex snapped at Luke.

"I'm not the one hurting her!" Luke's eyes glinted red. "You're the one playing her like this when you know you're just going to leave her again!"

Again?

"I needed some time with her." Alex grunted out slowly. They both looked like they were going to pounce on each other any moment.

"Your time is up." Luke spat. "Leave her before you just hurt her again. I won't let you do that. I'm not some puny human anymore. I can fight you and I swear I will."

I jumped in between them. "Guys, please. I don't know what's going on, but-"

Luke pushed me to the side. It was a pretty soft push too, considering his whole body was shaking with anger.

Their eyes stayed locked the whole time.

"Fine. I'm gone." Alex closed the distance between him and Luke. "But if you hurt her at all-"

"I don't think it's me you need to be worried about." Luke interrupted with a snarl.

Then Alex disappeared.

My mouth was open in a gape as I stared Luke. He was breathing hard.

"Luke..." I started, hesitating a little. "What just happened?"

Writer's Comment: Sorry for the short chap! What do yall think happened???