Chapter 19: The Main Event

Allison's P.O.V.

"I have someone you want." He told me, a smirk on his face.

Someone...?

He walked smoothly over to a bright white intercom that I hadn't of noticed until now. "Send her in." He demanded, holding the button down.

"Yes, sir." A voice answered back.

After awhile, the doors opened to two men dressed in all black, dragging a woman with stringy and greasy looking hair. The woman didn't even look up, she just let the guards drag her body across the stone tiles. She was dressed in what seemed to be a white hospital gown.

She still remained motionless when the men dropped her frail body hard on the ground. It was a vulgar scene, they treated her as if she was a dog and she didn't even react to it.

Damon glided over to where the woman was and locked his eyes on mine while he forcefully raised the woman's head up. Her face was sunken and rid of color. Her eyes were wide open and glazed over, they were a bright but emotionless blue.

I could tell he was watching my emotions, trying to see if this bothered me any. And it did, but I didn't know this women. There was no emotional attachment.

His eyes narrowed, annoyed at my calmness. "Do you not recognize her?"

I smirked. "Oh, I'm sorry, Damon. Did I mess up your little master plan?"

Damon let out a tsk tsk sound. "Poor, Alyssa," He turned towards the guards. "She doesn't even notice her own mother." They laughed on cue.

My heart jerked. "That's not my mom." I denied, a firm frown on my face. "You wouldn't even know who my mom is."

Damon's laugh continued. "You're so naive!"

"What?!" I was getting frustrated.

"You're little Lucas told us all about you. All it took was a little interrogating and he was spilling everything in seconds flat. We know everything about you. Including the fact that you're real name is not Alyssa." He paused, watching my facial expressions. "You are Allison Caldwell, eighteen-years old, only child. You worked in Hollywood on a show called, "I Can't Handle Love". Lucas proposed and you told him no. I wonder how much easier your life would've been if you had said yes. A safe, happy, normal human life."

"Maybe I don't like normal." I kept my face completely emotionless and sat upright.

He chuckled. "Oh, no. Of course. You attract trouble like a magnet.

I frowned. "So. That's my mom?" I asked blandly.

He just nodded, eyes still watching me greedily.

A sick feeling twisted my stomach and I tried to keep my face neutral. This woman, my mom, wasn't moving because she was dead.

It hit me and I threw my head to the side to quickly throw up. I squeezed my eyes shut, giving myself a minute. My throat burned but I was able to push out one word. "How?"

"Simple, really. When you're a vampire you always get what you want. They hadn't of done the ceremony yet, so her body was lying in a morgue. They think it may be murder instead of a suicide, you know." He said quickly, his eyes glinting. "Think hard, Allison. Who would want to kill your dear old mom? And why?" I didn't want to admit that I didn't even know they thought it was a suicide.

Though I didn't want to, my eyes scanned over my moms body. I noticed two fang bites in her neck. "I..." I swallowed hard, frowning. "I don't know." Tears sprung from my eyes. My mom was right there in front me. The fact that she was beyond recognition made my stomach lurch.

His smirk grew. "You don't know. Seems like you don't know a lot of things about your parents, huh? Lucas told me about you and your father's little fall out. You really have no one but your pathetic few friends."

I lowered my head. I get what he was trying to do. Tear me down, break the few walls I've built up around me.

And it was working.

"How is this a deal, Damon? You're an idiot if you think me seeing my dead mother makes me happy." I snapped.

He shook his head, the smile never leaving his face. "This was just the opening act," Damon paused. "But I guess it's time for the main event." He turned towards his men and nodded, and immediately they both left the room.

I squeezed my eyes shut and unwilling the tears I had been trying to hold in came down silently. I quickly wiped them away, not wanting Damon to notice.

The doors banged back open and I could hear someone making restricted and muffled noises. I opened my eyes.

In both of the guards hands, was a very tied up Xander.

Writers Comment:

I'm really sorry I've been uploading like once every month and it's ridiculous. I'm going to try to upload more but lots of things have been happening. Thank you for staying with me though hahaha!:) sorry if this was short!