(16) Revealed

Chapter 16: Revealed

Allison's P.O.V.

My heart jumped in my chest and I felt a hand on my shoulder. When I looked back, it was Luke. My mouth opened in surprise. I just...

He nodded as if confirming what I saw was true. I looked back at him.

Darin.

My first emotion was anger. How could he? How could he keep up this act the whole time? Pretending to be someone else when I would've died to see just him. Leaving me for my "safety". Also, make me feel like i was betraying him for having feelings towards "Alex". I felt so confused having feelings towards him like that.

I closed my eyes tightly, still processing it all.

"Allison...talk to me." Darin begged, his green eyes shining with guilt.

"I...I can't believe you'd do that to me." I muttered, slowly getting up. I felt so stupid for not figuring it out from the beginning.

Darin grabbed my arm, softly pulling me back down, "Allison. Please. I'm sorr-" '

"Why?" I interrupt. "why would you do that to me?"

"What I told you was true. Damon and the other vampires captured me and forced me to join him. And then... I saw you and Luke in the woods," Darin paused and my heart ached. I shouldn't feel guilty. I had every right to kiss Luke. Darin left me. "And I guess I panicked. I thought that maybe I could just keep myself away from you and then escape and you would have never known it was me. But...you can see where that plan was ruined."

I shook my head as if in denial. "And what did you plan to before your plan was ruined? Escape then go turn yourself into the police?" My voice became more angry as I spoke. "Then act like nothing ever happened and leave me guessing?!"

"I was trying to fix what I ruined with your family. You know what I planned. To turn myself in so that you could be free. I want you to have a normal life. You shouldn't have to have a messed up life because of me." Darin stated calmly.

"That wasn't for you to decide." I barked.

"I....I'm sorry, Allison. I was wrong. I just want what's best for you." He whispered. His state was so broken. He looked so broken.

"I can't forgive you for this." Tears welled up in my eyes.

Luke offered hand to lift me up and Darin looked up at me sadly. "I'm so sorry."

Despite my anger, I helped Darin up and he clenched his wound.

We slowly walked out of the building, my arm around his waist to help him. We killed every, single, vampire. My vision blurred.

"Did you kill Damon?" I asked softly.

Luke nodded. "I'm sorry, Allison."

I pursed my lips and glanced at Luke in mute response, using my vampire strength to keep Darin up. He stayed quiet.

And honestly, I had never felt more alone in my life.

~~~~~~~

"We'll stay here until he heals, then you and I will head back to the hotel with Xander and the others." Luke told me as he unlocked the hotel with the card key.

I nod and help Darin onto the bed. To get in the hotel I had to carry him into the hotel while Luke checked in downstairs. Number one: Darin and I are "wanted". Number two; it probably would've been strange to see a red-eyed girl carrying a man with a huge gaping hole in his stomach into a hotel...We were also paying for the hotel by a wad of cash we found in Damon's room.