(15) A Lie All Along

Chapter 15: A Lie All Along

Allison's P.O.V.

I stood there in complete shock, a numb feeling over me. People we're still fighting viciously behind me, but I remained still, focused on the scene before me.

Alex.

My vision blurred a little and my knees went wobbly, so I just kneeled beside him. Silent sobs tried to

overcome me, but I held it in.

"Alex..." I muttered, my voice cracking. "I'm so-"

"Shut up, Allison," he sputtered with an amused twitch of his mouth. The sight sickened me that he could still be humorous at a time like this. "I shouldn't have snuck up on you...when you were this angry."

My anger was completely gone and taken over fear. I pressed my hands tightly to the wound, horrified that I had the capability to harm someone this badly. "Alex." I said firmly, trying to get him to stay serious. How could I...

Slowly, the wound closed up a little, and my heart slowed a bit. He smirked up at me.

I glared at him. "It's still really bad, Alex."

"He'll be fine." I looked up to see Luke and suddenly my anger was back. A slightly satisfied look was on Luke's face.

I pried my eyes off Alex to see all the vampires were dead. "Luke...You knew Alex was in here, didn't you?" I asked softly, though fury was still hinted in my tone. I knew the answer.

He remained quiet, confirming my thoughts.

I grinded my teeth together. "Go. Away." I ordered.

"But, Allison, he's not who you think he-"

"Go!" I practically yelled, cutting him off.

After his footsteps faded, I turned back to Alex. "What're you smiling about?" I snapped.

"N-Nothing."He replied, trying to sit up before I quickly pushed him back down.

"Uh uh. You have to heal." I frowned, biting into my hand just hard enough to draw blood.

"And Princess saves my life again," He smirked cheekily.

"Again?" I asked with an raised eyebrow, ripping off a piece of my tank top under Alex's coat and soaking it with my blood.

"Again." He confirmed, though I remained confused.

"Well I didn't know I was in the room with Burnett," I said, rolling my eyes.

"Hey! I kinda like the whole Princess nickname." He teased, laughing and wincing because it most likely hurt when he laughed.

I grimaced along with him. " I can't believe you're being so light hearted when I nearly killed you." I took the tank top cloth in my hand and warned quickly, "This'll burn," Then pressed it to the wound.

He closed his eyes tightly. "Oh, not at all."

I rolled my eyes playfully, showing that I didn't believe him. "Sure."

"And by the way, it isn't your fault I'm like this. I probably deserve it anyways." He murmured the last part.

I narrowed my eyes. "No one deserves this."

He met my gaze as I held my blood stained cloth to his chest. "Luke wasn't lying, Allison," He sighed, his eyes pained. "Trust me, I deserve this."

I looked at the ground. "But...He said you used me."

"Well, I guess that's part of it. But not really. What he was right about me lying. I'm not really Alex," He explained.

That made my attention snap up to him. "Then...who are you?" My heart was beating at an extreme rate for some reason. My eyes made contact with his hoody. I could easily rip that off...

He hesitated. "See for yourself," His tone was sad.

Confused, I slowly lifted up his hoody. My heart stopped at the familiar face.

"Hey, Allison." He said with a tiny and weak smile.

~~~~~~~~~~

Writers Comment: Hmmmm.....WHO IS IT???? Comment and vote please because I will only upload again if I at least get one comment... (I know I hate when authors do that but please....) Just leave a comment saying who you think it is...Mr. Banner? The guy at the market store thingy that recognized her? Darin? Xander? Adam?

HAPPY NEW YEARS EVE!!!

P.S. sorry for the late upload and for such a short chapter