(11) Bad Alyssa and Kissing Aliens

Chapter 11: Bad Alyssa and Kissing Aliens

Allison’s P.O.V.

I stared at Burnett with my eyes widened in surprise and realization, my blood-lust forgotten. I should’ve known I wouldn’t have been able to control myself.

I dropped to my knees in front of the girl I had just been killing carelessly moments ago. The vampire side of me was so terrifying.

Was she dead?

Did I kill her…?

I leaned down and put my head on her chest. Her heart was sputtering, instead of carrying a firm thump. Her heart flattered to a stop altogether.

She was dead.

Burnett seemed to come out of his shocked state and he stared at me with a mix of confusion and fascination. Tears sprung to my eyes, but I ignored it and got to work on the boy Alex fed from.

“How’d…you’re a vampire?! I can’t-You’re so…innocent. How could-?”

“Shut. Up.” I snapped, irritated. If someone wasn’t dying right now, I would be scared that Burnett would tell my secret. I put my head to the boy’s chest. Same as the girl’s.

“But-“He started.

“Shh.” I demanded, flashing my fangs at him before turning back to my “patient”.

Since Alex sucked so much blood out of him, his heart wasn’t getting the amount it needed to work properly. I bit my lip, suddenly  realizing what I needed to do. I bared my fangs and ran them across my arm, cutting it deeply. Blood started to pour down my arm.

“What the heck? That’s impossible, you’re obviously a vampire-“

I ignored Burnett. Good thing I was half-vampire, because if I was a full one I would’ve healed instantly and the blood wouldn’t have hadtime to flow.  Okay, this was going to be awkward. 

I held out my arm to the guy. “You have to drink it, please.” I begged.

He looked up at me and muttered, “Are y-you an angel? Am I d-dead?”

In a less tough situation, I would’ve laughed. Yes, the creepy fanged and bloody girl that’s offering you her own blood is an angel.But if he thought I was an angel, he would trust me and maybe calm down.

“Yes, I am and I’m trying to save your life, but I can’t if you don’t drink this right now.” I said in my softest tone.

He nodded weakly and used a shaking finger to wipe the blood off my arm. He licked his fingers and I silently fought back my gag reflex. He did, too.

“More,” I commanded gently. Alex kneeled down beside me, grabbed my hand, squeezed it, and then let go.

The injured man looked up at me with a disgusted expression, but continued to lick my blood off his fingers.

Neat fact, vampire blood heals wounds.

His head fell back down on the concrete and he sighed.

“Rest.” I whisper and when I looked away from him I saw that Alex and Burnett were staring at me in amazement. Well, Burnett was. I couldn’t see Alex’s expression under his stupid hoody. Only his twinkling eyes and soft lips…

I really need to shut my mind up. I also really needed to explain myself right now.

Alex stood up beside me and helped me up, too. We stood beside each other, for support.

“Burnett…” I took one step closer to him, and Alex growled in protest and pulled me back beside him.

I glared at Alex and pulled him to the side. “Listen, the only way for me to get out of this is…” I leaned in a bit closer and whisperedto him, “Seduction.”