Chapter 18: Snapped

Luke's P.O.V.

I wake up with a throbbing pain in my head and the taste of dirt and grass in my mouth. I immediately spit it out, slowly opening my eyes before being blinded by the sunlight peeking through the trees of the woods.

I try to remember what happened, why I was in the woods. 

I quickly get up, but get a wave of regret after. My muscles give in and I fall back down. I shake my head.

"You gonna get off your ass and find Allison?" My head snaps up to see Darin standing over me in complete rage. He kicks me in the stomach and  my body convulses.

"It's your fault!" He screams, kicking me again.

I stumble up, clutching my stomach. "What?!"

"She was looking for you, Luke! You had her worried sick looking for you and now she's been taken! Again!"

I look down at my feet, feeling guilt run through me. "I'm sorry," I gasped. "We'll find her, okay? We will."

"I hope so," He starts to walk off, expecting me to follow.  "For your sake."

This is the first time I've been afraid of Darin. I've never seen him so angry.

I let the only person I care about get taken away.

-------------

Allison's P.O.V.

I open my eyes, startling myself awake. Slowly, I lift my hand up to rub my head. What the heck?

"I see you've came to." 

My head aches to place the voice to a person. I knew that voice.

My vision cleared and I was able to see the face of my attacker.

Damon.

My heart jumped. He smirked at my surprise. "I thought...I thought Luke killed you."

His smirk grew bigger. "Your Luke is weak. Much weaker then you." his face came into light and I could now see a huge scar circling around Damon's neck. "He merely broke my neck. And then got distracted and ran off. I guess to go make sure his little pretty prize wasn't hurt."

I ground my teeth together. I had always hated how he referred to me as a "prize".

"So him caring about some one is his weakness?" I asked, sarcasm leaking in my tone.

"When you become this," He gestured to himself. "Then yes. We're monsters. We thrive off other's lives."

"But it doesn't have to be like that. You don't have to slaughter them like you do." I frowned and then mentally slapped myself. What was I doing? Giving him a speech? "What the heck am I doing here?"

My eyes frantically searched the room but there wasn't much to see. Just a small, dark room with the one bed I'm on.

"You killed my men and wrecked my place. Not to mention the fact that you know where I'm located now." He laughed dryly.

"You really think I was I gonna come back there after all that?" I questioned in disbelief.

"It doesn't matter. Only my men needed to know where it was." Damon shot back, quick.

"Well as you so kindly pointed out, they're dead, aren't they? You know I wonder what it was like for you to see all those men you've known all these years just become ash. Oh, and the fact that a little half vampire girl was able to rip them in half." I smiled sweetly.

Something in me had kinda just snapped.  This guy had knocked me out-twice, not to mention!- and dragged me to this place, tying me up. Oh and then he complains about how oh, you know where to find me now and oh, my place is ruined. I felt my eyes flame red. Luke had been right about me seeming different. Stronger. I was sick of being the damsel in distress.

His eyes turned darker. "I am not an enemy you want to have, Angel." I cringed at the nickname the vampires there had given me. And then Burnett had his own one for me.

I smirked. "I think it's a little too late for that. You've kidnapped me basically and I killed your friends. I'm pretty sure that makes us enemies."

"It doesn't have to be that way. I didn't bring you here to interrogate you or torture you." A coy smile appeared on his face and I automatically knew I wasn't going to like this.

"Then what did you bring me here for?" I asked in a small voice.

"I want to offer you a deal."

---------

Darin's P.O.V.

"Who could've taken her?" Luke inquired as I continued to follow her scent through the woods.

I rolled my eyes. "Let's see. Out of millions of enemies we've made...I say its kind of hard to know that, Luke."

"Listen, I know you're ticked off at me, but I'm just trying to help."

"You're a vampire. Use your senses. I can tell she's been here."  I said, closing his eyes. "It's obvious. Can't you?" That sweet smell of vanilla that still stuck on her even when we had to go without showers was in the air. And I could just feel her presence.

"I smell her, but it's old. That's all." Luke confessed. "Maybe I can't...sense her like you do."

I smirked. "That's unfortunate."

Luke glanced at me warily. "I'm trying not to pick a fight with you."

"Please, if you weren't so stressed and tired we'd be at each others necks right now. Anyways, Keep moving. She has to be here somewhere." We walked on for as few more minutes before her presence became strong.

"Whoa," I put my arm in front of Luke to stop him. My eyes searched around for any visual sign that she had been here. Suddenly, I caught sight of where this person must've started dragging her body in the dirt and then placed her in the body bag Luke saw.

My eyes followed the trail of that easily and suddenly I picked up a new scent. Damon. "Crap." I grumbled, breaking into a run.