(7) Dangerous

Chapter 7: Dangerous

Allison's P.O.V.

When Luke and I exited the store, I was a curly redhead with amber eyes. I had to wear contacts in order to hide my bright red eyes. I haven't drank blood in forever.

Luke had beach blonde hair and bright brown eyes. Eyes that reminded me of Adam's chocolate brown eyes.

I shook my head. He'd be okay.

Right now Luke and I were resting on a metal bench.

"Allison?"

I turned towards him. "Yep?"

"How long has it been since you fed?" He asked.

Dang. "Um..."

"Don't lie...because your eyes are red. Thirsty vampires can't wear contacts. Our eyes burn right through them." Luke said, leaning back in the bench.

I squeezed my eyes shut. "Crap!"

Luke laughed. "Yeah. You might wanna keep your eyes shut...unless you enjoy scaring people."

I hit him on the head. "This isn't funny. We could get caught."

I opened my eyes and covered them with my hand.

"Here," He grabbed my hand and squeezed it, a warm and protected feeling spread through me. "Let's go." He got off of the bench, pulling me with him. He placed our bags on the bench.

"And where exactly are we going?" I asked, curiosity taking over. I kept my gaze on the red hot heels that Luke insisted I get.

"Allison, you gotta feed."

I ripped my hand out of his and backed away from him. "No way. I've stolen, even disguised myself as a millionaire. But this is where I draw the line."

He shook his head, as if he pitied me.

"It's not what you want to do, it's what you have to do."

I shook my head and backed farther away. "No."

"Allison, if you don't drink human blood soon, you'll die." He whispered, looking around as if afraid someone would hear us. No one was around.

My eyes narrowed and I realized Luke's contacts were still in.

I wanted to scream. Run away. "You...You've drank human b-blood."

I stuttered.

Then I ran.

"No! No, Allison!"

I pushed myself forward to the point where I was running at vampire speed. But he was faster than me. I should've known. I was only half vampire. He was completely vampire. Plus I was weak, I needed blood.

He grabbed me by the shoulder and pulled my face towards his until our noses could've touched.

I squirmed around in his arms. "Get away from me!"

"Allison! Listen to me." He demanded. "You need blood. You're going to die without it. What will Darin do then, huh? Would you really do that to him?"

"He would understand." I say, my gaze on Luke hard and cold. I bared my fangs at him. "Let. Me. Go."

He let me go, but held onto my arm. "I really don't want to do this to you, Allison. But...but I couldn't take it if you died."

I bit my lip and blood now trailed down my chin. I tried to pull away from him, but his grip on me was as hard as stone.

He started to practically drag me, now running at full vampire speed.