Chapter 75: Another Year

• Dedicated to Andrew Mcclean

[A/N: I can't believe I am posting the FINAL chapter already. Where has 4 months gone eh?

Thanks to everyone for reading, and for the last time- PLEASE vote. It would be great to go out on a high!!

Love to Mel- Today wouldn't have been possible without you!!

I love you all.

Susan xx]

CHAPTER 75: ANOTHER YEAR

"NO!" I yelled, humour ringing through my voice.

"Bella, please?" Alice squealed, jumping up and down in her seat.

"No" I laughed, wrapping my arm's around Edward's neck as I shimmied onto his lap

"But..." Alice whined

"No but's" I laughed, "Let her sleep. I am sure she will be awake soon enough"

"But it's her birthday!" Alice whined, fluttering her eyelashe's and pouting at me.

"All the more reason to let her sleep in as long as she want's" Edward smiled, leaning forward and breathing his beautiful scent in my hair.

"Edward!" Alice scorned "We only have two people in this house who will celebrate their birthday!" she shot Jacob a sly glance across the room as she spoke, before looking back to Edward and continuing; "The least you could do is let me enjoy it"

"I hate to break this to you Alice, but Today is Nessie's day. Not your's" Edward grinned, "Leave her be"

"Fine" Alice scowled, slumping back in her seat. Jasper smiled, reaching  over taking her hand in his own. I looked away when their eye's met. Even after year's of this it was still awkward to watch Alice and Jasper have one of their 'private' moment's.

I nestled further into Edward's chest, gently tracing my fingertip's up and down his arm. This was a comfort to me, having him this close. Today was Renesmee's seventh birthday, her last 'real' birthday. We knew by her next one she would have stopped aging. The thought was unsettling. My little girl was all grown up.

"Are you Ok?" Edward murmured, leaning forward to whisper in my ear.

"Fine" I lied rather absentmindedly, my finger's stroking rougher against his skin.

"Bella" Edward laughed quietly, reaching up and removing my hand to hold in his own. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing" I protested instantly, trying to yank my hand away from his. "I was just thinking about stuff"

"Stuff" he smirked, quoting me. "What kind of stuff are you thinking about?"

"Just how much has happened in the seven short year's of Nessie's life, and how I wished it had lasted a bit longer" I sighed, "Her being a child I mean. I wonder if this is how parent's usually feel when their child becomes an adult"

"I should imagine so. It's a parent's prerogative to be reminiscent when their child is all grown" he smiled releasing my hand from his smooth grip "But no matter what happen's she will alway's be our little girl. Don't forget that" he leant forward and kissed me sweetly on my forehead as he spoke.

I rested my eye's shut, enjoying the fleeting touch. wishing it had lasted a moment longer.

Behind me I heard Kate and Garrett chatting happily about the present  Alice had brought for Nessie. It was impossible to keep a secret in this house, the only people who didn't know exactly what Nessie would be getting was her and Jake. We all knew Jake would never be able to keep anything from her. I hadn't been happy about Alice's gift, to be honest, Edward hadn't been ecstatic either. But Carlisle had kindly reminded us that Nessie was not the average seven year old, she never would be, I thought with a sigh, and I figured their gift  at least went with the theme Alice had chosen.