Chapter 28, Ceremony

CHAPTER 28: CEREMONY

Edward was stood at the aisle wearing a white suite, he looked like a god, and just as what had happened last time, I lost all sense of everything else around me. Once again, I felt like sprinting up the aisle and throwing myself into his arm's and never letting go. Before I really had time to take in everything around me, me and Carlisle had reached the alter. Carlisle reached across and kissed me once on the cheek. I turned to smile briefly at Jasper, who was stood in front of us. Since we were already legally married, we didn't need an official to conduct the service, and Edward had thought it was the perfect way to ensure everyone was involved in the wedding. He had even agreed that Jacob could be his groom's man, so he, along with Emmett, who was the best man, was in charge of showing everyone to their seat's.  

"Welcome Everybody" Jasper greeted "Thank you all for coming today. We are here to celebrate the marriage of Edward and Bella...." he continued, I wasn't really paying too much attention. I was still staring in awe at my husband before me. He looked better than I had ever seen and, for what felt like the 100th time, I felt as if I was seeing him for the first time all over again. There were no word's to describe how utterly perfect and flawless he looked. I allowed myself to completely forget about the Volturi being here, and that there were about 50 people staring at us right now.but I was focused completely on Edward.

Before I knew what was happening it was time to exchange vow's, Edward threw me a wide smile before reciting his vow's to me;

"Bella, since I have found you, I have found a new life." he began "The decision to commit to share that life with you is one I make happily and with full confidence in our love. Secure in the knowledge that you will be my constant friend, my faithful partner in life, and my one true love. On this special day, I give to you in the presence of all these witnesses my pledge to stay by your side, in joy and in sorrow, through the good times and the bad. I promise to love you without reservation, comfort you in times of distress, encourage you to achieve all of your goal's, to grow with you in mind and spirit, alway's be open and honest with you, and cherish you for as long as we both shall live" he finished, his smile growing wider across his face, Jasper announced that it was now my turn to recite my vow's. Unlike Edward, I was unable to recall them word perfect, so I reached over and took the piece of paper Esme was holding out for me.  

"Edward," I choked, my voice full of emotion "once again I stand before you, to make my vow's to you. Since I met you my life has never been the same, but I wouldn't have had it any other way. You have given me everything I could have ever hoped for and more. You have brought light into my life, and a sparkle to my face" I heard a few light snigger's ripple through the group behind me, ignoring them, I continued "You have given me hope, when I could see none, you gave me strength when I felt none and above all you have given me love, when I believed there was none. I promise to love you, honour you, cherish and respect you, I promise to be faithful to you, to share my life with you, and above all, I promise to be your friend, lover and partner, for as long as we both shall live" Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a stray tear roll down Renesmee's face as I finished reading my vow's.  

"Edward, do you take Isabella once again, as your life partner?" Jasper asked. Edward looked  straight into my eye's and smiled,  

"I do"  

"And Bella, do you take Edward once again, as your life partner?" I returned Edward's smile,  

"I do"  

"May we have the ring's?" Jasper asked, gesturing to Emmett. We hadn't gotten new ring's. Instead we had opted to have our original one's engraved with today's date. Edward took my ring from the pillow that jasper was now holding,