chapter 27, they're here

CHAPTER 27: THEY'RE HERE

"Come on Bella, let's start with your hair!" Alice chimed at me across the room,  

"Alice, it's 4 am, don't you think it's a little early to do my hair?"  

"Oh, go on Bella, humour her" Tanya insisted, throwing me a fake smile, before looking Edward's way and giving him a genuine one. It was the day of the wedding, in just 8 hour's I would be walking back down the aisle to renew my vow's to Edward. Tanya, along with the rest of the Denali's and the Amazon's had arrived yesterday. I would have thought Tanya would have gotten over her obsession with Edward by now, but here she was, yet again trying to make my life a misery.  

"No!" I insisted, scooting across the couch to sit closer to Edward. He must have picked up on my tension because he securely wrapped his arm around me and pulled me in closer, kissing me gently on the head as he did so.  

"Please?" begged Alice, I shot her a look and decided mentally to kill Tanya, just so that Alice would get the hint. She saw it and I heard Edward trying to stifle a slight laugh beside me. "Fine" Alice spat, sitting back in her seat. I heard Carlisle talking to Eleazar about life at the hospital, Esme was in the kitchen with Carmen preparing food for the reception. Alice had wanted to bring in caterer's but Esme had insisted she do it herself. Rose and Emmett had gone 'hunting' again, while Kate was trying to interest Kachiri and Senna in the latest fashion line's.

"So Bella" Zafrina addressed from across the room, "What time does Renesmee usually wake up? I'm dying to see how big she's gotten"  

"Usually about 7" I smiled, "although I'm sure she'll be up early today, she was looking forward to seeing you again" Zafrina and Renesmee had struck up an unusual friendship when Ness was only a child, we had taken her to see Zafrina a number of time's since.  

"I am glad, it still amaze's me how fast she has grown" Zafrina answered  

"We think she's almost reached her limit now, her growth rate has slowed considerably" Edward said beside me "She look's to be about 17 now" he noted, just as Rose and Emmett walked back through the front door.  

"Yes" Tanya smirked "and luckily she inherited her father's good looks, she could have turned out much worse" I heard a low hiss escape Edward's lips, but I was sure I was the only one that had heard it.  

"Tanya!" Rosalie snapped "Keep your snide opinion's to yourself for once, or I will make you leave. Have I made myself clear?" I threw Rose a grateful smile and she winked at me before sitting on the couch next to me and Edward.

As I had expected, Ness and most of the other women woke up early this morning. Lot's of greeting's and hug's were exchanged, as well as introduction's.  

"OK, its 9 am, its definitely time to start on your hair now!" Alice chimed.  

"Whatever you say Alice" I responded, smiling. Tanya and the rest of the Denali's had relocated to the garden for a short time to allow us to get the house prepared.

"Bella! you look perfect!" Esme gushed, standing in front of the door of Alice's bedroom "If I didn't know any better I'd even say you were blushing"  

"That's the make-up!" I quickly defended, remembering how everyone had used to enjoy making me blush.  

"I know it is dear" she smiled, making her way over to me. It was now 11.30 and the wedding was half an hour away, Alice had spent well over 2 hours perfecting my hair and make-up before I slipped on my dress once more "Are you nervous?" Esme asked,  

"Not for the right reasons" I admitted with a sigh  

"Bella, don't worry, they're not even here yet" Esme soothed. She looked as flawless as ever in her gown. Rosalie had done her hair for her and she had done a tremendous job on it. As if hearing my thought's Rosalie walked into the bedroom, followed swiftly by Alice and Renesmee, the four women all crowded around me, each clutching something in their hand's.