Chapter 74: New 'Do

[A/N: So it's the 18th today L The final day of Still Dawn!! I will be posting just 1 more chapter after this!! Make sure you don't all miss it!!

ALL my love to Mel!! I really couldn't have done this without you screaming at me to get it done!! You're a diamond and a true friend!! I love ya!!

Susan xx]

CHAPTER 74: NEW 'DO

"Yes I understand that" Emmett groaned, when Carlisle had relayed mine and Jake's story, "But what I don't understand is how. I mean, what happened to Tanya's newborn's?"

"We took them outside and let them run scott free" Jake snarled, sarcasm ringing true in his every syllable. "What do you think we did to them?"

"You do know the Volturi won't let this lie don't you Bella?" Jasper remarked, "They will want revenge"

"You might be right" Edward noted from beside me,

"Might?" Jasper questioned, looking entirely confused, "Why only might? What do you know?"

"Not enough" Edward scoffed, running his hand through his perfect bronze hair, "But I can tell you this, The Volturi didn't play any part in kidnapping Nessie. Tanya did that off her own back, and left Aro with no option but to help her when she turned up there. Aro was intrigued by Ness, he thought that if she was there he would simply be able to monitor her, see how alike our kind's are" he sighed, before scowling "But Tanya had other idea's"

"I don't care" I spat, "Who in their right mind take's a child from their mother?"

"Bella, love, you have to understand" Edward sighed, reaching over to take my hand in his "The Volturi aren't parent's. They are incapable of love, and have no idea how painful it was for you, for us" he corrected,
I looked at him blankl, totally dumbfounded that he was actually trying to justify their action's. Had we not been through the same experience in the last two week's? Had he not felt the same way I did when Ness was taken?

"I don't care" I spat, rising from my seat and snatching my hand away from his, "They are a bunch of old men who think they can have anything they want. They are set on tearing this family apart. And now you are sat here trying to reason with me?" my voice reached such a high tone as I screeched the last word that I was certain the only thing that would be able to hear me was the dog's in the park about a mile away.

 "Bella, calm down" Edward sighed "For centuries they have gotten used to having what they wanted and when they wanted it. They feel threatened by us, and fear one day we will try to overrule them Therefore it is in their nature" he chose his word's carefully "to try and destroy us, to tear us apart and separate us"

"But we don't want that" I hissed in frustration "Why can't they understand that all we want is to be a family?"

"Because our kind generally don't live that way Bella. A coven of our size is unique. It has never been seen before"

"I know that" I hissed, louder than I had intended to. "You've told me this. But what I don't understand is why you are trying to justify their action's Edward. They took our daughter" I pointed, angrily toward's the bed where my sleeping child lay "They took her from us and now you want to pardon them for it?"

"Bella, love- you are completely overreacting, I never once said that I wanted to 'pardon' them, I just said that they don't understand the love we have for her" he reached out for my hand again, his thumb brushing gently across it. "All my point was, is that Tanya was the main instigator behind this, not the Volturi"

"I guess you are right" I sighed, stepping toward's him and manoeuvring until I was sitting on his lap, I wrapped my arm's around his neck and looked across at our daughter, sound asleep in bed.