Chapter 56: Denali

• Dedicated to Andrew Mcclean

**DONT FORGET TO GO TO OUR FACEBOOK PAGE AND ENTER THE COMPETITION TO WIN A PERSONALISED AUTOGRAPH FROM THE ONE AND ONLY TAYLOR LAUTNER**

[A/N: Thank-you guys so much for taking the time to read this!! Next entry in 3 days... or at 50 votes! Which ever occurs first!!  

Big thanks to Niki Hopkins aka Esme's Diary for all her help. And to my wonderful Dad, Andrew McClean for his input on the storyline!! I love both you guys so much!!  

Susan xx ]

CHAPTER 56: DENALI

Carlisle had spent under half an hour on the phone and had some how managed to secure us a small private plane to get to Alaska and had gone ahead to the airport with Esme to get things set up. I didn't think to ask how he had managed it at such short notice, and I wasn't sure I wanted to know. All I knew was I was anxious to leave the house and get there. But Edward was too consumed with arguing with Rose.  

"How can you do this?" he hissed at her, his hand now squeezing my shoulder fiercely. It didn't hurt of course, but it was uncomfortable.  

"I don't have a choice!" she cried "I can't put him at risk!"  

"And what about your niece?" my husband spat, his face the hardest I had ever seen it "Is she not important?"  

"Of course!" Rosalie argued, "But there are enough of you, I can't drag my son into this!"  

"Your despicable!" Edward growled "You're a sorry excuse for a parent anyway!"  

"Well the last time I checked my son was right here!" Rose yelled, I could see where this was going and had to stop it,  

"Edward!" I warned, reaching up and taking his clenched hand in mine just as Rosalie got the last of her sentence out,  

"Where's your daughter Edward?"  

That did it.  

"HOW DARE YOU!" Edward hollered, leaping forward at her.  

"STOP IT!" I screamed, my voice still sounding strained from the day's event's. Jasper and Emmett managed to get a grasp on Edward before he got the chance to hurt Rosalie or Henry.

I wasn't surprised that Rosalie wasn't prepared to come with us. There was a dangerous, vengeful vampire involved. And her son was human. If it were the other way around would I danger my child's life? I knew the answer.  

"Can we please just go?" I begged as Edward strained to get out of his brother's grasp. The sound of my weak voice seemed to calm him as he stopped struggling and turned quickly to look at me.  

"I am so sorry love" he sighed. Giving Jasper and Emmett a nod to let them know he was under control now. He was by my side in an instant.  

"Yes let's leave" he tried to smile "the sooner we get there, the sooner we'll have Ness home"  

I nodded in response and looked around at everyone in the room. Alice was sat the table with her eye's fixed shut, finger's to her temple. No doubt searching for any other vision's that may help us.  

Jacob was sat opposite her, his face tear stained. I felt an automatic surge of pity go through me as I saw him. I knew I had been too hard on him after all, this was no one's fault other than Tanya.  

"Jake?" I called, trying to make my voice sound as friendly as possible "are you ready?"  

He looked up at me, his pain etched into his face and nodded silently. I tried my best to smile at him, but was sure that the most I had managed was a frown.