chapter 47, movies

[A/N: Thanks to Niki Hopkins for editing this!! I love you chick!!!

Number 9 on the what's hot list now!! Wow! Thank-you!!!  

Susan xx ]

CHAPTER 47: MOVIES

"We're home" Rosalie called as she walked through the back door holding Henry in her arm's. Emmett following swiftly behind, carrying Henry's change bag and buggy.  

"Welcome home you two. Succesful trip?" Esme asked smiling up from the couch, where she was watching another cooking programme. Rose and Emmett had just taken Henry shopping for some new clothe's, they had waited until Alice and Jasper had gone hunting so that they could go without Alice's involvement.  

"Where's Ness?" Rose asked me "I've bought something for her."  

"Her and Jake have gone to the movies" I smiled from where I was sat, nestled into my husband's chest.  

"At least they're moving forward" Emmett grinned, putting the buggy away in the large cupboard in the living room.  

It was true, in the last few week's since Ness had admitted to Jacob how she was feeling, thing's had steadily improved between them, after a few short hour's talking they had finally come back downstairs, holding hand's and smiling. Ness had not yet told me what conclusion they had come to, and part of me didn't want to know, I was just glad that my little girl was smiling again. Anyway, whatever arrangement they had come to was between them and I am sure that they will tell us when the time is right, we are her parent's after all.  

I know without any uncertainty in my mind that I would never have wanted to talk to Charlie about thing's like sex and children so I couldn't blame her for trying to keep thing's between them. Edward hadn't given any inclination that he had heard anything either way from their thought's. I hadn't asked him, for fear of causing him to look further and find out something that may cause him to get angry.  

Edward still wasn't fully aware of what had happened between Ness and Jake, as far as he knew Ness had just snapped herself out of the mood she had been in. He didn't know it was because I'd made them talk it through. It was time's like this that made me greatful that I was a sheild. Knowing I didn't intentially have to hide my thought's from my husband.  

I knew he hated the idea of Ness having a child and the impact that it could have on her body. He couldn't bear the thought of losing her, neither could I, but I'd seen from first hand experience what the impact of wanting a baby so bad could do to you.

Rosalie had become bitter and twisted when she realised she'd never have the family she'd dreamt of. She'd changed massively since Henry had come into her life, sure the 'old' Rosalie was still there but now she was almost masked by this kind, nurturing mother figure. I couldn't bear for my little girl to grow old not having at least tried and end up feeling the way Rose had for year's.  

"Yes" I smiled back at Emmett, "They do seem to have gotten a lot closer the last few week's" a low growl escaped Edward's lip's underneath me, "What's wrong with you?" I half laughed at him  

"Nothing" he hissed quietly, resting his face into the crook of my neck and kissing me lightly. I wondered what Jacob had been thinking about lately that could cause Edward to react that way. But I was relatively sure that if it was about the whole Ness having children thing then he would have reacted by now. Edward was prone to over reaction.  

"Tell me?" I smiled, leaning away to face him.  

"It's nothing love" he insisted, returning my smile and pulling me back toward's him letting me know there was no way he was going to tell me anything more. I snuggled back into him slightly frustrated that he knew something I didn't.