chapter 39, resolve

[A/N: thanks again for continuously reading!! 20 or more votes please guys :)  

Susan xx ]

CHAPTER 39: RESOLVE

We pulled into the gas station about a mile out of town. Emmett had been flashing his light's repeatedly for the last 2 mile's, so I figured they must have something to say.  

"What's up?" Jake asked, stepping out of the car and walking toward's Emmett,  

"She's worried" he shrugged "she think's Edward will try to hurt the baby"  

"He won't!" I insisted, getting out the car "He's a dad too" I reminded them  

"Yes but-" Rose began  

"No Rosalie" I insisted, "there is no way anyone is going to let any harm come to him" I enforced, looking through the back window of the car at the innocent baby who was sleeping soundly. It was gone 1am now, poor little mite was probably shattered. "What if I run back now" I began "talk to them, you can wait here for 10 minute's or so and then follow?" I reasoned,  

"Why don't I just drive you back?" Jacob asked. I looked at him, and tilted my head very slightly toward's Rosalie. Indicating that I didn't trust her not to run.  

"Fine!" Rose spat "but if he kick's off-"  

"then I will ring Jake straight away and tell you" I finished. Rose nodded in agreement and strolled over to sit in the front of the Jeep. "don't run?" I pleaded with Emmett "we need to do this"  

"I know Bells " he grinned.  

"Jake, don't let them leave!" I ordered. Turning and running into the dark night.

It only took me 2 minute's to get back home, I was quicker than It would have been had i been driving. I reached the front porch and stepped inside. Within a second everyone was surrounding me asking question's,  

"Where have you been?"  

"Where's the car?"  

"What's going on?"  

"Why has you phone been off?"  

"Where did you go?"  

The list was endless, and I was beginning to feel suffocated by it all,  

"QUIET!" I yelled at the top of my voice, causing my family to fall silent "now," I began "I have something to tell you. But first" I paused turning to face Edward "I'm warning you Edward, if you mess this up I swear...."  

"What?" shrieked Alice "Where did you go?"  

"I went to see Rose and Emmett" I admitted  

"What?"  

"Where are they?"  

"Are they OK?"  

"Do you want me to tell you or not?" I hissed over the sound of their voice's. They once again fell quiet.  

"Rose rang me earlier today, she needed some money. And the car" I added "But she didn't want any of you knowing where they were" I sighed. The constant question's began again but I ignored them, choosing instead to continue with what I was saying "Me and Jacob went to meet them, and somehow" I scowled in Edward's direction "We managed to convince them to come back and talk"  

"OH MY GOSH! THANKYOU BELLA!" Alice screeched, leaping at me to hug me. I tried to return her hug, but was too busy keeping strict eye contact with my husband. I couldn't figure out what the look on his face meant, he some how was managing to look happy, pained and angry all at the same time.