Chapter 16: Roses

[A/N: a HUGE Thank-you to the one and only Edward and Bella Cullen (aka Melissa Joyce and Katie Stilwell Gibson) for their awesome book idea's!! You rock!!  

Another HUGE thanks to Lisa Moore Guthrie for her choice in film :)  

- And the quote that Edward read's is from Chapter 5 of The People That Time Forgot by Edgar Rice]

CHAPTER 16: ROSE'S

"Thank-you for all your help Bella, you've done really well" Esme praised  

"You're more than welcome" I smiled.  

We were heading back toward's the house now. With my help we had managed to finish off what Esme had wanted doing in a little under 2 hour's. We walked through the back door and into the living room. Edward was still in sat in the chair reading 'The People That Time Forgot' by Edgar Rice. I laughed to myself thinking about how many time's he scolded me for re-reading Wuthering Height's, and yet here he was, reading a book that I know he's read at least 25 times. I was slightly relieved that he wasn't reading 'Pierre Chodeloros De Laclos' again, he took great pleasure in reading me quotes from it, knowing I didn't understand a word of what he was saying. Edward looked up from his book and stared at me with my favourite crooked grin.  

"Everything OK ladies?" he asked me and Esme  

"Fine dear" Esme answered "Bella was kindly helping with the rose's, are you alright? I haven't seen you read in a while?" she asked as I headed over to sit with him. I watched as his hand's clenched the cover's of his book,  

"This is just going to take some getting used to" he answered, jerking his head toward's the ceiling.  

"I know" I said soothingly, taking the book out of his hand and placing it on the coffee table "But we do have to, they both deserve to be happy"  

"I know love" he agreed, stroking my hand as I sat down on his lap, "It's just hard when I can hear everything they're thinking"  

"At least they're not arguing though?"  

"I think I preferred it when they were" he growled, causing me to laugh.  

"I take it they've made up then?" asked Esme  

"They're still talking"  

"Good!" I chimed, nestling into Edwards chest  

"So, do you want me to read you some of my book?" he asked  

"Sure" I answered through gritted teeth "why not?" he reached across me and picked up the book again, turning to the last page he was reading;  

"At first Ajor hesitated to explain; but at last she consented, and for the first time I heard the complete story of her origin and experience's. For my benefit she entered into greater detail of explanation than would have been necessary had I been a native Caspakian" he read ""I am a cos-ata-lo," commenced Ajor, and then she turned toward me. "A cos-ata-lo, my Tom, is a woman" (lo) "who did not come from an egg" he stopped suddenly, slamming the pages of the book together.  

"What's wrong?" I asked  

"He's- he's kissing her, that dog is kissing our daughter!" he hissed, his body was shaking with anger and he looked as if he was ready to kill Jacob.  

"Edward! Calm down!" I insisted "You're being silly"  

"Silly?" he spat "Silly? There is a 23 year old man upstairs kissing our 6 year old daughter and you're telling me I'm being silly?"  

"Edward- STOP IT" I growled. I heard footsteps coming down the stairs "Now- behave yourself" I warned.

Nessie and Jacob walked into the living room, hand in hand, even I could tell they were both struggling to keep the smile's off their face's.