chapter 42, All Grown

[A/N: I have had some truly amazing responses to this story so far, thank-you!! please remember to press the vote button if you like what you are reading!!  

25 or more to get the next Entry!  

Susan xx ]

CHAPTER 42: ALL GROWN

"Mom, do I have to go back to school tomorrow?" Renesmee moaned, it was the day after Rose and Emmett had come home. We had all stayed home and gotten reacquainted with our loved one's. Carlisle had even decided to phone in work sick, he'd insisted we needed a family day.  

"Yes baby" I laughed  

"But I want to do this everyday" she smiled  

"We all would" I grinned "But we have to get back to reality sometime"  

"I know" she sighed, she placed her hand up to touch my face 'I'm worried they'll be gone when I get home' she told me silently. Edward looked over at us and inhaled painfully, hearing her thought's  

"That's not going to happen" I assured her "I promise"  

"Really?" she asked  

"Really sweetheart" Edward enforced  

"OK" she smiled, moving to sit with Jacob.  

"How about a film?" chimed Alice

"I am not watching Romeo and Juliet" Edward scowled from the couch.  

"Hey, it Rosalie's choice this time" I reminded him. We had just all sat through Transformers 2, the film that Emmett had picked, and now it was Rosalie's turn to pick the film, Personally, I'd always thought it was a good film, I had loved the idea of star-crossed lovers, until...  

"It's depressing!" he moaned, cutting me off from my thought's,  

"Well I want to watch it" Rosalie smiled "and beside's, its Educational, Ness is starting Romeo and Juliet at school"  

"You're only doing this because you know I don't like it" he frowned, Rosalie smiled at him smugly, confirming my suspicion's that she had indeed picked this film just to put him on edge. It was awkward for us to watch now, it reminded us of the time when Edward had left, and we'd both nearly died. I felt my body stiffen at the memory and Edward reached across and pulled me close to him,  

"I'm here" he whispered in my ear, calming me instantly. I allowed my body to melt into his as he secured his arm's tighter around me.

"I'll get him!" Nessie squealed when Henry started crying upstairs, She'd gotten up and was halfway up the stairs and out of sight before Rosalie even had the chance to process what she had said. Renesmee had really taken to Henry, she was so natural with him. Like caring for an infant came as second nature to her. It made me think about our conversation the night before, and whether she would be able to have a child one day.

 There was a conflict going on inside me, part of me was worried what having a child could do to her, and the other part wished for her sake she would be able to. She was such a natural with Henry, and I knew how much of an impact having a child could have on you. All the pain I went through carrying Ness was nothing compared to the joy she brought me each and every day. I wouldn't change her for the world, and the bigger part of me wished my daughter would one day have the chance to feel that way. Not that I would ever admit it to Edward, I knew the thought alone was almost causing him to have a nervous breakdown.

"Is he OK?" Rosalie asked, concerned as Renesmee walked back into the room,  

"He lost his soother" she told her, "I gave it back to him and he drifted straight back off" she finished, sitting down across Jacob's lap.