Chapter 73: Revelations

• Dedicated to Melissa Joyce

[A/N: Many thanks for all the support guys!! It means SO much!! I can't believe we are nearly at the end of Still Dawn!! How time flies!!

Niki has now left Still Dawn and I wish her the best of luck with all her endeavours!

Thanks to Mel for pushing me and for editing- I NEVER would have got this complete without you!! I love you chick!!

Susan xx]

CHAPTER 73: REVELATION'S

"Mom, what if I scare them?" Nessie asked as we neared the hotel, I was cradling her tightly in my arm's, never wanting to let her go. Her head was rested weakly on my shoulder, her eye's straining to stay open.

"You won't scare them sweetheart" I promised "They love you"

"But my eye's" she said, stifling another yawn

"Grandpa Carlisle will know what to do" I said, resisting a sigh at the thought of Nessie drinking from human's. She had eventually showed me how Tanya and the other's would torment her into drinking blood. If I had been able to cry I would have when she'd told me. She was so ashamed of herself, like the rest of us, she didn't want to become a monster.

"It will be fine Ness" Jake piped up from beside us, "I promise" he smiled, reaching across and gently running his hand down her comfortingly.

"Really?" she asked weakly, her voice now becoming strained now, through lack of sleep.

"Really" Jake smiled, pulling his hand away and dropping it to his side. I smiled briefly at him before looking ahead, noticing the hotel in sight. I groaned as I realised the small blur jumping up and down in front of the entrance was actually Alice.

"Nessie!" she shrieked desperately as she ran, too fast, toward's us. I hadn't noticed before but Jasper was with her, following her down the driveway trying to keep to a more human speed.

A soft whimper escaped Nessie's lip's before she buried her face in my chest. I glared over at Edward who realised my meaning immediately and quickly stood in front of me, shielding Ness from the fast approaching Alice. Realising what was happening, Jacob moved to stand beside Edward, he too wanting to protect Nessie.

"Edward! Move!" Alice ordered as she reached us "I want to see my niece!"

"Alice go inside please" Edward replied calmly

"No!" Alice argued, "I want to see her"

"She's upset Alice, You are overwhelming her" he retorted, moving slightly to try and completely block us from her view.

"But..."

"No!" Edward growled. When Alice pouted and tried to push past him he reached his arm across, so that it was in between her and us, feebly attempting to  block her path.

 Alice was determined though.

 "I just want to..." her word's cut off, a gasp escaping her lip's as she jumped from the ground, trying to see Nessie. "H-her hair" she whispered after a moment or two.

"If you want to help Alice then please go inside and book another room. Tell Carlisle to meet us in there"

"Carlisle. Right" Alice mumbled, turning on her heel's, a wide-eyed expression evident on her face. Nessie squirmed in my arm's and I felt the recently dried off patch on my shirt become soaked with her fresh tear's.

"Its OK sweetheart" I hushed, unable to stop myself from rocking her in my arm's like the baby she used to be.

Nessie cringed again and buried herself, if possible, even deeper in my chest, her muffled sob's still loud enough to be heard by the surrounding crowd. Jasper, who had by now caught up to Alice and was trying to usher her back toward's the hotel. Alice spun around on her heel, her eye's widened with horror on hearing Nessie's cries. I diverted my eye's from my sister, certain that I was seeing my own earlier expression mirrored in her's and instead concentrated on my daughter.