chapter 44 take a chance edited

[A/N: Hey Guys!!! A big shout out to Viviana Gia for all her help with this chapter and any to come. Check out her work by going to her profile, her pen name is viviloves2write.  

Sorry for the delay. Hopefully I'll be back on track soon :)  

Please keep voting and commenting! We went up to number 19 on "what's hot" the other day. Lets push for the top 15 yeah?  

Susan xx ]

CHAPTER 44: TAKING A CHANCE

"Mom!" Nessie called up to me,  

"Yes sweetheart" I called back to her, walking toward's the top of the stairs.  

"Are you busy?" she asked  

"I'm never too busy for you" I smiled from the top of the stairs, "What's up?"  

"Just need to talk" she shrugged, plastering a smile on her face, and beginning to walk up the stairs toward's me. I smiled at her as she reached my side and wrapped an arm around her shoulder as we walked toward's her bedroom.  

"Can you shield me please?" she asked "I need to show you something"  

"Of course" I smiled, stretching my shield out to cover her. We had gotten use'd to our private conversations more and more lately. As Nessie had gotten older she had wanted to keep more and more from Edward. I figured it was a typical teenager thing to do, some thing's were too embarrassing to admit to your dad. It must be even harder for Ness having a dad who could read her mind at any given time. "Go ahead" I smiled, knowing my shield was in place. Renesmee reached up and placed her hand on my cheek.

Nessie showed me a conversation she'd had with Jake a few week's ago. Her eye's filled with tear's as she played the conversation back to me,  

* * * * * * * *  

Ness was upset that she didn't know if she'd be able to have a family,  

"Maybe you would be better off with someone else" Ness cried into Jacob's chest.  

"Stop that!" Jake insisted "There is no-one on this earth I'm better off with than you! Don't even think that way"  

"I can't help it!" she choked,  

"Oh, Ness" he soothed "I get why you are feeling this way. But really babe, you don't have to worry. There's no-one else for me. Only you"  

* * * * * * * *

"Oh baby" I soothed as the memory came to an end, I pulled her close and stroked her hair softly, "I wish I could say something that would make you feel better"  

"Its not fair Mom" she sobbed into my chest.  

"I know sweetheart" I sighed, still stroking her hair. My heart really ached for her. I had seen her with Henry, she was a natural with him. I made a mental note to talk with Jacob and Edward later and see what, if any, solution's we could come up with. I can't have it eating away at her like this. My poor baby was so distraught.  

"Nessie sweetheart, you can't let this eat away at you like it is"  

"I can't help it Mom" she choked "I feel like a failure"  

"You could never be a failure" I practically yelled, pulling her away from me and looking her in the face "Never! Do you hear me?" She nodded slightly at me before falling back into my arm's and crying again.

I watched as my sleeping daughter laid on the bed, the poor girl had totally worn herself out crying. I sighed to myself and headed toward's the stairs. I was going to have to talk to Jake and Edward. I frowned to myself, knowing Edward wasn't going to like what he was going to hear, but he would have to just bear it for her sake, I wouldn't let her carry on feeling like this.