Chapter 24: Christmas (EmPOV)

CHAPTER 24: CHRISTMAS (EMMETT'S POV)

"Don't you dare Emmett McCarthy Cullen" Rose warned me.  

"But why?" I whined "It would be fun"  

"Saving you from a pack of 16 wolves is not what I would call fun!" she snapped "and beside's, there's a baby asleep up there!"  

"But it's gone 6am" I whined.  

It was Christmas day and for once we had plenty of company, all I wanted to do was run upstairs and wake them up, why is that such a big deal?  

"Because Emmett, you know the wolves don't appreciate being woken up. They can be very volatile" Edward told me, answering my thought's. Fine, I thought headed toward's the stairs, I'll just go wake our little squirt up instead. Edward was in front of me before I had even reached the foot of the stairs. He had a huge grin on his face and was shaking his head,  

"Don't even think about it" he laughed  

"So who can I wake up?"  

"No-one!" answered Alice, Rose, Edward and Carlisle together  

"Great" I sighed, stomping back over toward's the couch, making as much noise as possible in the hope it would wake someone up. "What fun is it having guest's at Christmas if you can't terrorise them?"  

"Emmett" Jasper smiled "what is this obsession you have with Christmas? You're worse than Alice in a shoe shop!"  

"Oi!" smirked Alice  

"I just love Christmas" I shrugged.

The truth was, Christmas had always been a big thing when I was a kid, me and my older brother Derek would go and wake our Mom and Dad up at 6am on the dot and we'd all sit on the bed together opening our present's. Then Mom would go downstairs and prepare the biggest feast imaginable, for just the four of us. Then, in the evening my grandparent's, uncle's, aunt's and cousin would all come over and we'd split off into team's to play charades. I smiled at the memories, and I caught Edward throwing a sympathetic smile my way. Don't worry Eddie boy! I thought This year's going to be the best ever! We may not be able to eat, but we could still sit together and open our present's, we could still all play silly game's. And then tonight, when everyone else was in bed, we'd go out and have our own type of Christmas feast. The only downside was it was winter, so there'd be no grizzlies about. Man, I really wish this lot would get out of bed. Maybe I could go in the garden and...  

"No!" Edward shouted at me  

"But-"  

"No Emmett" he laughed "The firework's are for new years eve, they are not tool's for waking people up"  

"Damn you Edward Cullen" I hissed under my breath. Just then I heard some movement upstairs,  

"Finally!" I exclaimed, running to the bottom of the stairs to see who I could terrorise. I saw Jacob emerge from his room, "Merry Christmas Jakey Boy!" I bellowed up to him.  

"Morning Em" he grinned "Merry Christmas" Jake was used to my Christmas obsession by now. He'd spent the last few Christmas's living with us. I had come to really like Jacob over the year's, he was a good dog, um, I mean bloke. And he really did care about Ness, which made him a good guy in my book's.  

"Jake, help me out will ya?" I pleaded as he reached the foot of the stairs  

"What's up?" he asked, stifling a yawn  

"Well" I smiled, wrapping my arm around his shoulder and leading him towards the couch "I think it's about time everyone got their asses out of bed, but these miserable lot wont let me!" I gestured toward's my family "I mean- it is Christmas after all"