Chapter 71: Returned

[A/N : So sorry for the delay guys!! This wasn't as easy to write as I had hoped it would be!! A few twists and turns that even I wasn't expecting!! Haha!!

Do not forget to comment, vote, tweet etc

As always, love to Niki and especially now for all her help with this entry!

Susan xx]

CHAPTER 71:  RETURNED

Aro looked across at Tanya, an evil glint in his eye, he stalked forward toward's her and over his shoulder I saw Marcus and Caius share an amused expression.

"What did you say?" Aro scowled

"I-I don't want them here" Tanya stuttered, whilst trying to regain her usual calmness. "They don't belong"

"They belong if they want to" Caius noted from behind them "It is not up to you who stay's"

"Indeed" Aro agreed, "Who are you to make that decision"

"They don't belong" Tanya hissed "They won't follow the rule's"

"Yes we will" Carmen argued "We have to"

"Why?" I asked, breaking up the argument.

Carmen turned to face me "Renesmee belong's with you" Carmen responded, a solemn look gracing her face "You shouldn't suffer for our sister's mistake"

"Neither should you" Edward remarked, looking between Carmen and her mate.

"Never the less" Eleazar nodded, "We are doing this. Renesmee is a child. We are not"

"So" Aro squealed, seeming delighted all of a sudden "Are we to welcome you?" he asked, stepping toward's our friend's, his hand outstretched.

"NO!" Tanya screamed "YOU CANT!" she was shaking now and her knee's appeared to be knocking together. She looked entirely inconsolable and seemed to be cowering away from Aro as she yelled.

Aro stopped dead in his track's, and on the ball's of his feet turned to face Tanya. Smiling he gave the slightest nod over her shoulder to where Jane and Alec stood side by side.

"Please!" she begged, scattering across the floor like a puppy trying to escape a severe beating.

"You have chosen to defy me. You must now pay the consequence's of that"

I desperately wanted to step forward, to take revenge myself. To tear Tanya, limb from limb for putting me through this over something as childish as my relationship with Edward. I knew though that if I did do anything my family would pay the price. And I couldn't allow that to happen so I locked my knee's not allowing my body to do what it so desperately wanted to.

I saw the faint mist creeping it's way toward's Tanya, looking up to her face I realised she must have seen it to, she had a look of terror on her face.

What must have been only a few second's later, Tanya's face appeared to change! I'm not sure how to explain it, she looked- emotionless. Her hand's flew up to where her eye's sat in their socket's, to look at the sight terrified me, her eye's no longer showing any sign's of life.

To the right of me Kate stiffened and I heard Garrett whispering desperately at her to calm down. As I turned back to Tanya I heard a yelp come from my right.

"Damn it Kate." Garrett cursed rubbing his hand. I feigned a smile turning to Edward to see that he was trying not to smile at what had just happened too.

"Did she just shock him?" I asked at the inhumanly speed I was capable of, sure that Edward would be the only one able to hear me. His slight nod confirmed my suspicion's.