Colourblind (pt.2)

So I made the ending sad, not surprising at all. It's kinda fun to make you all cry along with me. But if you want I can make a happy version of this to help you guys cope.

•2012•

Steve was sitting in the ship, holding onto the arms as it rocked around. The entire team was headed out to battle the latest threat. Steve's eyes wandered to Tony, like the almost always did. The two basically eye fucked each other whenever they made eye contact, and their constant bickering and fighting just thickened the growing sexual tension between the two. The entire team had noticed it at this point and Steve was pretty sure Natasha and Clint made a bet on who would break first.

Tony caught Steve's eye, god, his beautiful baby blue eyes. Ever since Tony could see colour, he couldn't help but be amazed by the bright shade of blue Steve's eyes were. He would never admit it, but he thinks he was falling in love with the captain. The team would never let him live it down, and he was almost certain Steve would throw up at the thought, so Tony kept his mouth shut.

The door opened, revealing the army of Chitauri they would be facing. They immediately jumped into action, splitting up in all different directions. Steve and Tony usually fought together, but they were separated, and Steve was worried.

"Guys, I'm going to need some help here, HES too powerful!" Tony yelled into the com. Steve panicked, immediately sprinting to Tony's location.

"Tony where are you?! Tell me where you are?!" Steve yelled back.

A scream echoed over the com system, followed by the sound of screeching metal and static. A looming sense of dread overcame Steve, and he rounded a corner, seeing Tony's slumped body on the ground next to bits of his crushed suit. Steve fell to his knees, picking Tony up.

A stab wound in his abdomen was gushing blood, along with his torn up arms and legs. He was pale as a ghost, lips blue. Tears began to form in Steve's eyes.

"Hey Steve, don't cry, it'll be alright." Tony whispered, voice raspy.

"I got you, Tony, you'll be okay, I'll fix this." Steve sobbed, desperately pushing on Tony's wound.

"I'm not going to make it."

"No no, you will, I'll make sure of it." Steve said. Tony put a finger to Steve's lips.

"I love you." Tony said, and using every bit of strength he had left, he leaned forward and gently kissed Steve's lips. Steve kisses back, locking their lips together with passion. Tony's body went rigid, all his weight falling into Steve's arms as he let his last breath go.

Steve began to violently sob, the vibrant world he once knew falling into black and white again, the world he wanted to live in with his soulmate so badly disappearing into thin air. He held Tony's body and cried, tears mixing with his soulmates cold skin.