Light Of My Life

Steve stood in front of the full length mirror, examining every detail of himself. He had to look perfect today, no matter what. Reaching into his pocket, he pulled out a piece of paper. A lovely little poem was written on it. Steve recited it in his head, making sure he knew every word. Him and Tony had scripted their vows, so it was less stressful for the both of them. The whole thing was planned beautiful, and of course, since it was a celebration partly planned by Tony, it's was very over the top.

A knock at the door interrupted Steve's thoughts, and he spun around to see Bucky at the door.

"You ready?" Bucky asked, and Steve nodded, following Bucky out the door.

Tony drew in a deep breath, trying to relax and reassure himself. He was still convinced he didn't deserve Steve, and he was getting ready to marry him. Rhodes came into the room, tapping Tony's shoulder lightly.

"It's time." He said, and Tony nodded, shoving the little piece of paper into his pocket.

The doors to the venue opened up, and the crowd stood up. Sam walked out, wearing a white suit and a blue tie. Wanda followed, wearing a long shot dress with blue lace. Thor had on a suit that matched Sam's, and Natasha had on a short dress similar to Wanda's. Finally Bucky came out, suit matching Thor and Sam's. They all stood on the left side of the podium, staring at the door expectantly.

Steve walked out moments later, wearing a black suit with a little blue flower in the pocket. He had on the biggest smile, proudly walking up to stand on the left side of the podium, in front of his friends.

The doors opened once again, revealing Clint in the same suit Bucky had on, only with a red tie. Bruce walked out, suit matching Clint's. Pepper walked out, white dress with a red floral belt. Peter walked out, smiling and fiddling awkwardly with his red tie. Rhodey soon followed, matching all the others. They all stood together on the right, awaiting the last member.

The doors opened for a final time, revealing Tony, suit matching Steve's with a red flower instead of a blue one. Steve smiled bigger as Tony began to walk down. When Tony got up to the stairs, Steve took both of his hands, squeezing them tight.

"Hi." Tony whispered, giddy.

"Hi." Steve smiled, staring into Tony's sparkling eyes.

The pastor recited the poems, passsges and verses, but Tony and Steve could barely hear them, they were too caught up in each other.

"You two may recite your vows." The pastor said, and Steve let go of Tony's hands, pulling out the little card, staring at it for a few seconds. The words suddenly seemed not right, and he paused.

"Steve?" Tony whispered, feeling his insecurities rise up into his chest. Steve just continued to stare at the paper, suddenly crumpling it up and throwing it to the floor. Tony began to panic, before feeling Steve clasp his hands again.

"Tony, I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Every morning I wake up to your sleepy face, tired eyes still full of so much love. Every kiss we share makes my whole body stop, my heart skipping two beats and sending shockwaves down my spine. I love holding you at night, keeping you in my arms until it's absolutely necessary to get up. I love having to go to the lab to bring you to bed, I love running to the coffee shop to get you your favourite, an almond milk latte with extra foam and a dash of cinnamon. I love grabbing a sandwich from that same cafe, surprising you with a coffee and lunch during a long day of work in the lab. I love snuggling with you in the evenings, I love your soft snores as you sleep. I love the way your eyes shine when you smile. I love everything about your smile. You light up my life, you're my world Tony, and I love you so much. I want to spend the rest of my life with you." Steve said.

Tony's eyes were blurry, feeling the tears well up in his eyes. Steve wiped the smaller mans cheeks, and Tony smiled wide.

"I don't even think I can top that." Tony said, and Steve laughed, squeezing his hands tighter.

"I love you Steve. I have no idea what I'd do without you. You are my sun and moon. I love you so much. Hold me in your arms forever." Tony's voice cracked from the sobs, and there wasn't a dry eye in the crowd.

"You may kiss the groom." The pastor said, smiling. Tony laughed, and Steve smiled, swooping Tony into his arms and kissing him passionately as the entire crowd erupted into cheers. A photographer snapped a photo as they kissed, capturing the moment. They broke apart, smiling at each other as their friends surrounded them, embracing the couple.

Steve carried Tony bridal style out of the room, smiling at his gorgeous new husband. No doubt, it was the happiest day of their entire life.

That same photo sat on their nightstand in a lovely gold frame, twenty years later. Next to it was a family photo of them, Peter and Morgan, A group photo of the Avengers all together, and the most recent photo, from their twentieth wedding anniversary.