Little Spoon

Steve sighed as he closed his book. It was now dark and he had finally finished reading it. He looked at his wrist, eyes scanning his watch. It was almost 1am.

"Jarvis?" Steve asked.

"Captain Rogers, Mr Stark went to bed exactly two hours ago, he is in your room." The AI responded.

Steve groaned as he got up, stiff from sitting still almost all night. He walked into their shared room, starting to strip and change into pj pants.

His eyes fell to the small figure in the bed. The bright blue glow in the centre of his chest illuminated his boyfriends sleeping face. Steve couldn't help but smile, he looked so cute while he slept.

Normally Steve would scoop Tony into his arms, letting the smaller man curl into his chest and snuggle, but Steve wanted to do something else.

The soldier climbed into bed, kissing Tony's lips softly before moving his head down and resting it on Tony's chest, right next to the reactor. He wrapped on arm around Tony's torso, closing his eyes and listening to Tony's steady heartbeat. He felt a hand reach into his hair, twirling the blond strands around.

Steve rested his second arm on Tony's chest, and Tony's hand lowered away from his hair, resting in the crook of his neck.

"So, little spoon?" Tony whispered, voice groggy from sleep.

"Shut up." Steve chuckled, sinking lower into Tony's chest. Tony began to snore, soft little sounds that erupted every once in a while.

Steve began to drift off to the calm movement of Tony's chest, up and down, in sync with his heartbeat.

"I love you." Steve whispered, the small voice that replied barely audible, still hoarse and groggy from sleep.

"I love you too."