I Can't Breathe

The human body can go three minutes completely cut off from oxygen.

It takes approximately 33lbs of force to close the trachea (windpipe).

After 4-5 minutes of more then 75% oxygen cutoff, permanent brain damage can be inflicted and lead to brain and medical death.

Derek Chauvin weighs 154lbs without heavy police gear on. He dug his knee and applied his body weight into the neck of George Floyd, 45 year old black man who was accused of writing a bad cheque.

For seven minutes, George Floyd was held on the pavement under 154lbs of force to his neck as he pleaded with the officers.

"I can't breathe"
"I can't breathe"
"I can't breathe"
"I can't breathe"
"I can't breathe"
"I can't breathe"
"I can't breathe"
"I can't breathe"
"I can't breathe"
"I can't breathe"
"I can't breathe"
"I can't breathe"
"I can't breathe"
"I can't breathe"
"I can't breathe"

Fifteen times.

George Floyd's death is labeled as an incident, even as the people shout and scream, protest and riot, his death is merely an incident.

Because it isn't murder when you have a shiny badge on.

The city of Minneapolis cries and shouts his name, demanding for justice. They'll keep screaming until they're listened to. And so should we. Screaming his name and all of their names until justice is served.

The human life is short. We are defined by death. Our days are limited and nobody can choose when the end is coming.

George Floyd couldn't breathe.

But we will use our breath, and our voices, and breathe for him, for George Floyd, for Trayvon Martin, for Tamir Rice, for Ahmaud Arbery, and for the countless others who couldn't breathe.

I am not black, but I see you.
I am not black, but I hear you.
I listen.
I use my privilege to speak, to carry your voices and make sure they aren't lost.

I stand with you.

I won't let you be silenced.