Red String

Okie, so I this AU is inspired by one of my best friends, @cflamyn She made a story on this and its fucking amazing, so go check it out!

The hook is called "Knotted" and I really like it, go show it some love

Also sorry for not updating, I kind of sprained my wrist so writing is really hard right now skdjkd.

Tony was nervous, he was going to meet the rest of the Avengers today, and he was worried they wouldn't accept him.

Tony's hands caught on the red string tied around his wrist. Everyone got one when they were 18, but Tony's only appeared a few months ago. He considered cutting it off, until Pepper talked him out of it.

"Tony! You gotta go!" Pepper yelled, startling the genius.

"Coming!" Tony yelled, slipping on the sleek black jacket and talking off down the hallway to his garage. Pepper was already in one of the cars, a luxury red one.

"Nice choice of car." Tony said as he climbed in. Pepper kind of glared at him. She'd broken up with the billionaire after the string appeared. They'd tried a relationship, started dating in highschool, and Pepper got her string at 18. They'd heard about people with late coming strings, so they waited for him to get his, and when he did, they didn't match up. Pepper left shortly after, still working for him and attempting a friendship, but she was pretty disappointed.

Tony drove down, following the coordinates all they way to avengers tower. Tony noticed his string becoming looser, the slight pull always present disappearing. He curiously entered the building, and walked to the room Fury told them to meet in.

The other end of the string seemed to be coming from that room, and it took Tony a few seconds to piece it together.

Oh my god my soulmate is in that room.

After years of waiting, Tony finally found them. He hoped they would like him. Tony hesitantly opened the door, and the Avengers looked up, smiling.

Clint had a string, and so did Natasha and Bruce. Natasha and Bruce's matched, and Tony pulled the string, Clint's didn't move an inch.

Tony pulled harder, desperate to know, he didn't want it to be Thor.

"Ow!" A voice cried out as a fist hit the table. Tony spun around, coming face to face with none other then Captain America. Steve Rogers. His soulmate. His childhood hero.

Steve stared at his wrist, and back at Tony's sheepish grin.

"Y-you're m-my soulmate?" He stuttered.

"Yeah." I said, blushing.

He smiled up at me, causing me to blush more.

"Well then, get over here and sit with me, I want to get to know you." Steve said, waving Tony over.

Tony sheepishly sat down next to the captain, feeling a warm hand slip in his. He stared down, and Steve's fingers were intertwined with his. Tony let out a breath, staring at he soldiers perfect features. He could already tell he loved this man.

Tony leaned, resting his head on Steve's shoulder, feeling the super soldier rest his head on his.

And for the first time in a while, Tony felt at home.