Broken Pieces (pt.3)

Warnings: Same as parts one and two, but this one might get a little more intense, so you have been warned :)

Tony's POV
——————————————-
I moved deeper into Steve's arms. My mind was freaking out.

Steve loves you, he really does.

I could hear his soft snores, his hot breath tickling my ears. He squeezed his arms around me tight, but not enough to hurt me.

I could feel the tears still spilling from my eyes.

Did I deserve his love? He's Captain fucking America, i don't deserve his love.

I felt myself slump in Steve's arms, causing him to shift in sleep as I sunk lower and lower. I was out of his arms now, in his lap. His arms fell to his sides, freeing mine. I curled into myself and buried my face in my knees.

Dammit Tony. I thought. You can even go five hours without being a depressed worthless piece of shit, can you?

I could hear my fathers voice. I lifted my head, eyes scanning the lab.

The bottle of scotch was close, if only I could reach my arms a bit further...

"Tony? Baby?" I heard the soft whisper in my ear.

Right, still in Cap's lap.

I sighed, burying my head back into my knees, feeling warm tears leave wet streaks down my face.

"Tony, baby please." Steve said, slipping his arms back around me.

"Steve stop." I said suddenly, pushing them off of me. I shrunk away from his embrace, turning around to see the stunned look on his face.

"I can't do this anymore Cap, I can't." I mumbled, my lip trembling.

"Why?" Steve said, his voice wobbly. I almost broke down sobbing, right there, from the pain in his voice.

"I don't deserve you Steve, I can't let you torture yourself like this anymore. I can't. I need to go, for your sake. I'm not worth it." I practically sobbed, turning to walk away.

"Tony wait, please." Steve pleaded, springing forward and grabbing my hand. I shook it off, leaving the lab, and Steve, behind me.

Steve's POV

I sat there, motionless.

He left.

I couldn't think straight, my mind was racing a hundred miles a minute.

He's not okay, he needs you.

That thought was circling through my mind, standing out over the others. I stood up on my shaky legs and walked out of the lab.

You need to calm down first.

I sighed, heading towards the gym. Hurting.

Tony's POV

I swiftly grabbed a bottle of liquor from the cabinet in the kitchen. Technically, it was Clint's. But i was too tired and hurt to care.

I hurt Steve, all because I'm a worthless piece of shit.

I took a big gulp straight from the bottle, letting it burn my throat in the way down. I could hear the sounds of fists hitting sand bags.

Steve only does that when he's in pain.

I felt my heart drop into my feet. Grabbing two more bottles, I went back to the lab, locking the doors to drink myself away.

Steve's POV