4th Of July

Hi, so I live in Canada, but I got this idea last night and had to write it, and it was the perfect time too.

Also, I didn't write a Canada Day one shot because it doesn't really hold meaning to the characters, where as this holiday does, just wanted to clear that a bit because I don't want opinions formed about me ahaha :)

Happy Fourth Of July!🇺🇸

"Tony!" Tony was awoken from his sleep by a shout, causing him to jump out of bed in surprise.

"Jesus fuck Steve! What are you doing?!" Tony yelled, rubbing his eyes. Steve was in the doorway of their room, already dressed and sweaty.

"I was on a run, and I saw this poster!" Steve said, putting the poster on the bed. Tony looked up at Steve. The soldier was smiling so bright, Tony couldn't help but smile back. If Steve was this giddy about something, it must mean a lot. Tony picked up the poster, reading the fancy font.

Fourth Of July Fireworks! Starting at 10 pm!

" I didn't know they did fireworks for this!" Steve said, sitting down beside Tony.

"Yeah, they are actually really fun to go to." Tony said, kissing his boyfriend softly on the lips.

"It's also my birthday tomorrow! Can we go? Pleaseeeee?!" Steve was as excited as a child on Christmas. Tony laughed, leaning into Steve.

"Of course." Tony chuckled, and Steve picked him up, lifting the smaller man onto his lap and kissing him endlessly.

"I'm so excited!" Steve squealed, hugging Tony tight.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tony slammed down the piece of vibranium he was working on, frustrated. Steve had been sent on a mission, leaving Tony alone in the house. Tony was working on a shield for Steve, for his birthday, but couldn't get the paint job right. Suddenly, an idea popped into his head.

"Materials needed for fireworks?" He asked, and his robots got to work, retrieving them and inserting them into his machine.

"Alright now shape, make it circle, colours red white blue, pattern..." Tony tapped at the screen at a fast speed, the final result sliding out into his awaiting hands.

"Jarvis? Find the manager for the Fourth of July fireworks taking place tomorrow." Tony said, heading upstairs and throwing on a jacket and some sunglasses.

"The manager is on site, his name is Richard Plain." The British AI responded, and Tony played with his hair, fixing it up a bit.

"Thanks Jarvis, get the car ready." Tony said, grabbing the keys and heading down into the garage.

"Already done sir." Jarvis replied.

Tony hopped into the car, driving at top speed towards the park. It wasn't that far, so he pulled up rather quickly. All the workers looked up, attention drawn away from firework set up. Tony got out, walking down the field into the rows of fireworks.

"I'm looking for Richard Plain!" Tony yelled, and the someone pointed to a man, who was already headed his way.

"Tony Stark? What are you doing here?" The man asked kindly, smiling and shaking his hand.

"Hi, I wanted you to release this firework at the very end, during your big finale as the like, final firework? It's a surprise for my boyfriend." Tony said, placing his creation in Richard's hand.

"It's not a proposal is it?" Richard said, raising an eyebrow but still smiling.

"God no! I have plans for that one." Tony said, patting Richard on the shoulder.

"Will do Mr Stark!" Richard called out, and Tony threw up a peace sign, getting back into his car.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~The next morning~

Tony woke up, and Steve was still sleeping. His blond hair fell in front of his adorable face, small breaths coming from his mouth. Tony pressed his lips to the super soldiers, and Steve kissed back slowly.

"Happy Birthday Capsicle." Tony giggled, cupping Steve's face. Steve opened his eyes, immediately happy from the sight of his beautiful boyfriend.

"Thank you baby." Steve said, kissing Tony again. Tony deepened the kiss, looping his arms around Steve's waist and pulling him closer. Steve's hands found their way to Tony's face, cupping his flushed cheeks. They pulled away, Steve hugging Tony tightly.

"Fireworks tonight!" Steve said, squeezing Tony.

"Aha, yeah, don't kill me before though!" Tony said, struggling to breathe under Steve's hard grip.

"Sorry!" Steve said, immediately turning red. "Guess I got excited." He said, and Tony laughed.

"It's fine, but we have birthday things first!" Tony said, leaping out of bed, Steve following him.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After a packed day of fun together, the two started to walk towards the park, hand in hand. Tony turned the wrong way right before the park, or Steve thought.

"Tony? The park is the other way." Steve said, confused. Tony just pulled him along, chuckling.

"Secret spot." Tony said, and Steve happily followed.

They reached a tall hill, climbing up. Tony grew tired, and Steve picked him up bridal style, laughing when Tony snuggled into his chest.

At the top, Steve set Tony down, and the smaller man pulled them to sit down on the soft grass. They could see the whole park from up there. They could also hear everything.

"Are you ready?!" The announcer down below called out. The faint screams of people echoed back as they counted down. They reached zero, and a high pitches squeal could be heard. Steve intertwined their hands, looking up at the sky. The firework exploded into multiple colourful lights.

"Wow." Was all Steve could get out. Tony laughed, snuggling father into his boyfriend as he watched.

Steve was in awe. Some fizzled into golden dust, some exploded with a giant bang, some were small and pretty. They went on for a while, when finally, a bunch in all the American colours started going off, signalling the finale. This last firework was launched, exploding into a red and blue circle with a big white star in the middle. Steve turned to Tony, who was grinning like a child.

"Did you do this?" Steve asked, in awe with every bit of his boyfriend. Tony just pointed back to the sky. Steve turned his attention back to the show, where the words Happy Birthday Capsicle! fizzled our from the shield. The shouts and applause echoed out from the park, and Steve turned to Tony again.

"Oh my god I am so in love with you." Steve said, and Tony turned a bright red.

"I love you too." Tony replied, kissing Steve softly.