Surpirse

Just a small short idea that popped into my head :)))

Steve sighed loudly, throwing his book across the room. The tower was empty, nobody was around. They'd all been sent out on mission, but Steve had been injured last fight, and Fury insisted he stay back. They'd been gone for seven days now, and he was starting to lose his mind. Especially with Tony gone. He was tired, so tired. And lonely, very lonely.

Steve hated sleeping alone. Every night he would walk into their room, stare at the empty bed, get in it, and hug Tony's pillow until he dozed off. He would soon be woken by a nightmare, they came more frequently without Tony around, and Steve would then proceed to stumble around the tower until dawn.

It was kind of pathetic really. Captain America, unable to sleep without his boyfriend. Barely able to survive the week without the love of his life.

Steve needed to get out do the tower, deciding on a late night stroll. He began to walk down the streets, winding down alleyways and roads, until he arrived at him and Tony's favourite bar. Steve shrugged.

Why not?

Steve walked into the bar. People were dancing and laughing and having a good time, so Steve decided to head over and grab a drink or two.

"Hey there! Anything I can get you?" The bartender chirped. She had shoulder length, wavy bubblegum pink hair, a silver nose ring and was wearing black shorts with fishnets and a tube top. Her eyeliner winged out in a perfectly curved line, eyelashes curled and coated in mascara and her lips gleamed with lip gloss.

"Um, I'll have a scotch." Steve smiled, sitting in a barstool. She nodded, pouring the brassy liquid into a glass and handing it to him.

"I like your hair, you look really pretty." Steve said, taking a sip.

"Oh, thanks, but I'm off the market, my girlfriend is working in the kitchen." She said, and Steve chuckled.

"Oh it's alright, I wasn't trying to flirt with you, just a compliment." Steve said, and she giggled.

"Oh, I'm so sorry for the misunderstanding, my name is Kenzie." She said, mixing up a cocktail.

"Steve." Steve said, taking the final sip from his glass.

"So, Steve, no date tonight?" She said, taking his glass and reaching up to grab the bottle again.

"Nope, he's away on a business trip." Steve sighed. Kenzie furrowed her brow in confusion. One of her friends was away on business trip. He'd come over n complaining how he had to leave his boyfriend for seven days just the week before.

"That's rough, when does he come home." Kenzie smiled softly, passing him back his drink.

"Um, tomorrow or tonight, depends." Steve shrugged.

Kenzie looked past his shoulder, seeing an approaching figure with a huge smile on his face. She chuckled. Tony has been her friend ever since he began coming to the bar. For months before she'd listened to him ramble about his boyfriend, who was always being sent on missions. She never met him, but now she has, and she didn't even realize it. Tony placed a finger over his lips, signalling her to keep quiet, and she chuckled, already starting to make Tony's favourite cocktail.

"Who's that for?" Steve asked, noticing the red cocktail in Kenzie's hands. She slid it to the empty seat next to him, and Steve gave her a puzzled look.

"This seat taken?" A voice asked, and Steve turned around, eyes widening when he met those very familiar coffee brown eyes.

"Tony!" Steve jumped out of his seat, throwing himself onto Tony. Tony laughed, burying his face in the super soldiers neck. Steve kissed him, pulling away only for air. They heard a small laugh beside them, and Steve turned around.

"Did you know about this?!" Steve asked a giggling Kenzie.

"Maybe just a little." She replied, smiling and returning to work. Steve laughed, sitting with Tony as they sipped away at their drinks, laughing the night away.

********************************************
Kenzie watched from the counter as Steve threw a very drunk Tony over his shoulder. Tony kept pounding his fists weakly into Steve's back, and Steve only laughed, putting Tony down and deciding on carrying him bridal style. Kenzie laughed, calling out a goodbye as they left, leaving the bar empty. She  sighed, wiping the counter down one final time.

A pair of small arms snaked around her waist, and a pair of lips kissed her neck.

"Hey babe, ready to go home?" A girl said behind her, and she giggled, spinning around to face her blond haired girlfriend.

"Let's go." Kenzie replied, pressing a small kiss to her girlfriends lips, leading her out the door with a laugh.