9-1-1

Steeeevveeeee!" Tony whined. Steve looked up from his book, staring at Tony in awe. They'd been driving for the past three hours, and Steve had been reading the whole time, driving Tony absolutely crazy.

"Yes baby?" Steve said, placing his hand over top of Tony's, their joined hands moving everytime Tony switched gears.

"I'm bored, how much longerrrrrrr." Tony whined, turning on autopilot and removing his hand from the gear shift.

"Probably around another hour." Steve said, staring at the GPS screen on Tony's car.

"Ughhhh why are we even going?!" Tony complained, leaning into Steve's shoulder.

"Because, you need a break from everything, and it's our one year anniversary." Steve said, kissing Tony's lips softly. Tony dragged on the kiss, leaning into Steve more. They pulled away, and Steve's eyes immediately saw headlights beaming straight at them.

"Tony!" Steve yelled, unbuckling his seatbelt and leaning over the gears, jolting the wheel. Tony covered his face, and Steve wrapped his arms around the smaller man as they swerved off the road, tumbling down the large hill. The car tipped and tumbled down, flipping over and over. Tony screamed, sinking into Steve's arms, when suddenly they were separated. Steve screamed in pain as debris buried his legs, twisting and trapping them. Tony flew out the window, crashing through the glass and landing in the rough dirt just outside the wreck. The car skidded to a stop beside him, glass shards surrounding it.

Tony groaned, trying to push himself up. He put his weight on his left arm, the white hot pain shooting up his arm and shoulder. Tony gasped, falling back down into the dirt. Tony rolled over onto his back, scanning his body for injuries. His arm was twisted out of proportions, clearly indicating it was broken. He licked his lips, tasting the salty metal flavour of blood. He hauled himself up to a sitting position, eyes flying around the scene. The car was a wreck, upside down with all the windows shattered. He turned around, seeing how steep the hill back up to the road was.

A small groan came from inside the car. Tony spun around, gaze falling upon an injured man, laying on the broken glass and dashboard, one of the torn seats crushing his legs.

"Steve!" Tony scrambled towards the super soldier, gritting his teeth to try and stop himself from screaming in pain. Tony fell on his stomach, leaning as far into the he wreck as he could.

"Steve, are you okay, Steve baby please tell me you're alright." Tony was frantic, pushing glass shards away so he could squirm closer to his injured lover.

"T-Tony." Steve whispered, teeth chattering. He reached a shaky hand out, and Tony gripped it instantly, the warm and soft feeling of Tony's hand in his calming him.

"Is your phone still working?!" Tony said, trying to reach into Steve's back pocket. Steve nodded stiffly, crying out in pain as he tried to reach for it himself.

"Steve, don't move, please don't hurt yourself." Tony said, squeezing his hand. Steve stared into Tony's coffee brown eyes. Tony's heart broke at the sight. Steve's ocean blue eyes were full of pain, tear springing from his them, falling down his pale, cut up cheeks.

"I-It hurts. It h-hurts so bad." Steve sobbed, his voice wobbly.

"I know baby, I know, please, just be strong for me, please baby. I need you to be strong." Tony's voice cracked as he spoke, frantically unlocking Steve's phone and dialling three numbers into it.

"Hello?! 9-1-1?! My name is Tony Stark! I've been in a car crash. My boyfriend, h-he's really hurt." Tony stumbles on almost every word, squeezing Steve's trembling hand everytime the super soldier cried out in pain.

Tony talked for a while, eventually throwing the phone down and putting it on speaker.

"Mr. Stark, we need you to stay on the phone. Until somebody gets there." The operator said, the clicking of keyboard keys in the backround.

"Okay..." Tony said, looking into Steve's eyes. They were starting to flutter shut, and Tony panicked.

"No no no Steve, don't fall asleep. It could be bad." Tony said, trying to shake the sleep fogged soldier awake.

Steve mumbled, the words unclear, and tried to keep his eyes open. His vision was blurry, Tony melting into the chaotic scene behind them. Just as he drifted off, he heard the faint sound of sirens.

"Steve they're here!" Tony jumped up, leaving Steve's hand. He grunted in pain as he stumbled up the hill, waving his good hand around. A paramedic noticed him, rushing with his team.

"Where is he?" Tony pointed to the wreck in response, panting and gasping. One medic stayed behind, taking Tony to the second ambulance, examining him.

"Mr Stark, your arm appears to be badly broken, we need to take you to the hospital. Tony tuned out, watching as his boyfriend was wheeled into the first ambulance on a stretcher. Tony got up, trying to get to Steve, feeling a pair of arms wrap around him, restraining him.

"Woah woah woah, Mr Stark, we need you to stay in here, we'll drive you both to the hospital, the same one. You'll see him soon." Tony let our a strangled cry as he wrenched his injured arm away, and climbed into the ambulance, collapsing into one of the seats. Tears started to bubble in his eyes as the ambulance sped away, following Steve's.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tony sighed as the doctor finished wrapping the blue bandage around him.

"We can take this off in about eight weeks, until then, you'll have to be careful and keep it in a sling for a week." The doctor handed Tony a bottle of pain killers, looking up at him empathetically.

"Mr Stark? He's awake." A nurse said, and Tony shot up, speeding out of the room and down the hallway. He opened the door slowly, the sight before him making him want to throw up and cry.

Steve was lying in a hospital bed. There were cuts all up has arms and face. Wires were hooked up to his arm and chest, a big bandage around his torso. His leg was suspended in the air, wrapped in a similar cast that Tony had on his arm. Steve's eyes fluttered open, a smile immediately lighting up his face when he saw Tony. Tony practically squealed in happiness, walking over and sitting on the edge of Steve's bed.

"Ow." Steve chuckled, groaning softly. Tony planted a gentle kiss to his temple, watching out for the deep cuts and bruises.

"I thought I lost you." Tony sobbed, and Steve could feel the tears land on his forehead. He took the smaller man into his arms as best as he could. Tony drew in a shaky breath, leaning against Steve's chest.

"Listen to my heartbeat." Steve whispered, and Tony did, feeling the soft and steady rhythm echo in his ears.

"Everytime you're scared, listen to my heartbeat. Remind yourself I'm still here, and as long as I'm here I will always love you." Steve said, tousling Tony's messy curls. Tony cuddled into Steve, listening to the soft steady beat of a heart as he fell asleep in the arms of the love of his life.