I love you...

Oof, this is a short and sad one, so strap in your seatbelts.

It also takes place right after civil war.

Tony's hands shook as he read the letter, written in cursive.

Tony, I'm so sorry. I love you, I hope someday you can forgive me. I want you to know I'll always love you, and no matter what, I'll be there for you
Steve xoxo

Tony felt his heart drop to his feet. He stumbled into his lab.

"Jarvis, lock the doors, no one is allowed in." The billionaire mumbled, hearing the swift click as the door locked, sealing him in the room.

Tony felt his whole body tremble. His knees gave way, and he gasped for breath.

His whole world was crashing around him. Usually the only thing that could pull him out of this state was Steve.

But Steve was gone. He left. He chose Bucky.

Tony's body erupted into sobs. The love of his life, the only light in his world, the last hope Tony had, just got up and left.

Deep down, Tony knew there was more to the story, but in his state of mind, there wasn't.

Steve left. He got up and left. He left while Tony's world crashed and crumbled around him, left when he knew Tony needed him the most.

Tony's whimpers and heaving sobs could be heard from the kitchen, and soon Rhodes was banging at the door, begging for Jarvis to let him in.

The door didn't open, and Tony continued to cry, the panic and sadness of his parents death and Steve's decisions hitting him like a train.

There was no one left that could pull him out of it. No light at the end of the tunnel.

Tony curled into a ball on the floor, banging his fists in pure anger at the floor, yelling words of hatred.

Tony's sobs died down, he was still gasping for breath as his broken world laid in pieces around his defeated body.

Tony muttered his last few words, barely audible as he continued to cry, his sobs carrying him into a nightmare filled sleep.

"I love you Steve, please, come back to me..."

Ouch my heart. I promise the next one will be happy!

But I will be starting my
Steve Rogers x OC story soon, so if anyone's interested it will be up in about a week or two :)