Comfort

Warning: a little bit of gore, nothing much other then that.

Steve's whole body seized as he dragged himself over into the forest, leaning against a tree. He drew in a shaky breath, whimpering in pain as he lightly traced his trembling fingers over his leg injury.

The deep gash ran all the way from his hip bone to his ankle, the jagged, torn skin mixed with the ripped fabric of his suit. The blood had soaked through the entirety of his left leg, staining it red. Steve threw his helmet off, yelling for help.

The suit came flying down second later, faceplate opening up to reveal Tony's worried face.

"Steve! What the fuck happened?!" Tony yelled, sprinting over and falling to his knees, the iron man suit making a crash as he did.

"I-I d-don't really k-know...ah." Steve whimpered. Tony examined the wound further. He could see parts of Steve's bone.

"Shit." Tony said.

"Is it that bad?" Steve tried to lighten the mood, chuckling slightly before gasping in pain.

"Steve, this is going to hurt, a lot okay?" Tony said, and Steve nodded, drawing in a sharp breath. Tony scooped him up fast and swiftly, moving Steve's leg abruptly. Steve had to bite down on his lip to keep from screaming, splitting it from the force.

"I know, I'm sorry." Tony said, tears in his eyes. Steve so desperately wanted to wipe the tears away, but he could not reach up. Tony hovered in the air for a bit, before flying back to the jet. The rest of the Avengers were already inside, closing the door immediately behind them.

"Jesus Christ! What happened?!" Natasha yelled from the co-pilot seat, running over to them and sitting beside Clint in a seat, watching the scene unfold. Steve just groaned in pain as Tony lowered him onto the floor, against the wall. Tony slid himself behind Steve, holding his shoulders and stroking the super soldiers chest in a soothing pattern.

"Tony, what are you doing?" Steve asked, wincing but blushing.

"Oh, um...I-I..." Tony fumbled for words. Steve turned around slightly, whimpering as he did and pressed a short, light kiss to Tony's lips. Tony went deep red, frozen as the super soldier leaned in again, kissing him more this time. Tony kissed back, feeling Steve melt into his comforting arms. They pulled away, and Steve slumped back down into the floor, letting out a small shriek as he did. Tony only hugged him tighter, whispering reassuring words in his ear.

They tuned out the rest of the crew, only focusing on each other, getting lost in each other's arms.

"Fuck." Clint said, getting up and throwing a five dollar bill at Natasha. She grinned as he sat down miserably, Bruce laughing from the cockpit.