Chapter Twenty-Eight

(Okay, for these next three chapters are gonna be kind of short and somewhat rushed. Not that short, but I wanna get this book over with.)

(A month later)

::YN::

We sat inside of the court, waiting for the judge to come out. I was shaking so much, Ki'loni had to rub my back to calm me down. Yeah, she's here. She got her Aunt to watch the baby for a good two hours. And of course she was willing to do it.

Chresanto kept glancing back at me, trying to give me a look saying 'it's okay'. I sighed and rubbed my stomach, feeling the baby move. August decided to watch Camilla today because he felt as if he had no reason to go with me. I really ain't feel like dealing with his attitude today so I just said whatever.

Speaking of Camilla, my baby is officially one. I just had a little party with some friends and family. This little girl got so much stuff, it's a shame. She had a good time but what really hurt me was when she asked 'where's daddy?'. I didn't  know what to tell her.

I just didn't answer, she's one, so she'll most likely not remember. I looked up, realizing that the judge had walked in and everybody stood up. Ki'loni help me up and once the judge sat down, everybody else did.

"The case please." The judge said. I watched as the officer gave the judge a huge folder.

She looked over it and scrunched up her face.

"Well there aren't any evidence of you being at the homicide crime scene but just one witness. Is the witness here today?" She asked.

"No ma'am, they didn't show up today." The officer informed her. She nodded, setting that paper off to the side.

The case wasn't over for like a hour. I was hungry and tired, I really just wanted to get this over with. She just announced what he did but I was waiting for how much time was he getting for this.

"The defendant is to do four years in jail and eight months of probation." The judge finally said.

My jaw dropped. Four years? Four fuckin' years?! I shook my head and walked out hearing Chresanto yell my name. Ki'loni followed behind me and I walked out to her car.

She drove me home and I walked in to see Camilla watching t.v.. She smiled and slid down from the couch, walking over to me. I picked her up, kissing the tip of her nose and she giggled.

"Where's August?" I mumbled.

I put Cam on my hip and made my way upstairs. I opened the door to see August knocked out, sleep on the bed. I shook my head and put Camilla down, throwing a bottle of perfume at August. He jumped up so fast, I couldn't help but laugh. He then looked at me and rubbed his face.

"August, why was Camilla downstairs by herself?" I asked, narrowing my eyes at him.

"In all honesty, I lef' ha down dere so I could get a break." He said, sighing. "Dis luh girl is a piece of work."

I laughed, because now he sees what I go through everyday. I sighed, rubbing my stomach and sat on the bed. Camilla walked over to me and I put her on the bed. I put my legs on the bed, looking over at August. He leaned over and pecked my lips, making me smile.

My face automatically dropped when I remember what happened not even a hour ago. Like, I don't even know what to say. I knew that it was over and done with and there really wasn't nothing to start crying about. Even though my hormones really wanna get the best of me, I just sucked it up.

"August, thank you." I said.

He smiled, knowing he ain't even have to say nothing. He pecked my lips again, getting up, going into the bathroom.

~~

(4 months later)

I laid in the hospital bed, breathing, sweating and crying, ready to push this baby out. Everybody was out in the waiting room, while August sat next to me, holding my hand. I squeezed August's hand, harder and harder. I've been in labor for like 10 hours and the pain is unbearable. August sat at my side tryna pep talk me but I was too worried about when they're gonna let me push.

"Okay, in three, we're gonna need you to push."

I nodded quickly, my breathing becoming more unsteady. "O-Okay."

"One...two...three, push!" The doctor yelled out.

I pushed as hard as I could, squeezing August's hand harder. I heard him groan, tryna pull his hand away but I just squeezed harder.

After a painful thirty minutes of pushing that little boy out, he was here. I didn't have no type energy left, AT ALL. The nurses had took him away to clean him up, then brought him back, giving him to August. I smiled weakly as August held him, smiling hard as ever. He even shed a tear.

"Wassuh lil' man? I'm ya' daddy." He said, talking to Amir.

They had wrapped him up in a blue and white blanket, with a cute blue hat. I couldn't wait 'til we finally got to take him home. August kept talking to Amir like he knew what he was saying. I smiled as I seen everybody peek into the room, I motioned them to come inside but to be quiet. Ki'loni walked in with Camilla, with Niko behind her with baby Kingston.

I smiled as Ki'loni brought her over to the bed and she hugged me. I hugged her back and kissed her forehead. Ki'loni began cooing over the baby, tryna take him from August. He got up and gave Amir to her and she smiled real big.

"Aww, look at him wittle nose and him cute wittle lips." She cooed. I smiled and felt August grab my hand. I looked at him and sighed.

"I hate you." I joked.

"I luh you too, mama bear."

"Oh, so that's my new name?"

He nodded making me laugh a bit. I watched as everybody adored the baby. Everybody was talking and it suddenly got quiet as the door opened. In came Chris, Passion, Joy...

And my mom.

~~

Um, I don't know if that was a good ending but oh well.

Only two more chapters guys!! And then the sequel will be posted.

I hope y'all liked this chapter, sorry if it's rushed.

50+ Comments

Vote, Comment, Share, Follow.

Byee lovesss!!