Chapter Twenty-Six

::YN::

I smiled as August laid down next to me, talking and kissing my stomach. I haven't seen nor talked to  Chresanto in a couple days. Which is kind of strange but I really don't care. August has been keeping me company and when he has to go, I have Camilla. My baby is almost one.

She's getting bigger everyday and is learning something different, from the help of August, everyday. And is looking like Chresanto more and more. But he eyes have lightened from a pretty brown to a greenish gray. Which confused me alot being that me nor Chresanto has green nor gray eyes. Then, I asked Chresanto does anybody in his family have those color eyes and he said nobody that he knew of. And thanks to my mom, I don't know much of my family so I don't know if she got it from someone in my family.

Camilla came waltzing into the room and managed to climbed herself onto my bed. She came right up to me and laid down. I smiled and started playing with her hair. Then, hearing my phone ring, August reached over and handed it to me. "Hello?" I asked, not worrying about the caller I.D..

"Um, have you heard from Chresanto?" I heard Ki'loni asked in a worrying voice. "No, but why? What's wrong? What happened?" I asked.

"Listen don't freak out or nothing when I tell you this but he's locked up." She said fast but I still heard every word. "What the fuck you mean he's locked up Ki'loni?!" I yelled a little. "Just what I said, he's locked up. Supposedly he was involved with some homicide situation and him and like seven other people were locked up. They're places got raided and drugs were found in the homes so now he's behind bars." She explained.

"How long has he been locked up?" I asked. "Like five days. It was on the news, I would've thought somebody would've told you." She said. I shook my head and rubbed my temples.

"Do you know where they have him right now?" I asked. "Um, right now he's in the halfway thing until he goes to court. Then, they'll move him once he gets sentenced." She answered.

"Thanks 'Loni. I'll talk to you later."  And with that, I hung up. I am overly upset and pissed the fuck off. "You aight ma'?" August asked me. "Chresanto got locked up for some bullshit and I just don't know what to do no more." I said feeling tears fill the rim of my eyes.

"What he in dere fa'?" He asked. I shrugged, "I guess he had something to do with some homicide, not he's locked up. You know how much he's gon get for some shit like that? He can possibly get 25 to life August." I said as tears fell from my eyes.

I closed my eyes and sighed. Feeling the bed shift on Camilla's side, I felt a tiny hand wipe my face. I opened my eyes, seeing Camilla wiping my falling tears. She smiled and laid her head on my chest. I didn't want her seeing me like this but only if she knew the next time she saw her daddy was behind a glass window. Probably not even at all, knowing they're gonna take him outta state.

I sat up, with the help of August and got out of bed. "Whea' you goin'?" August asked, coming over to me. "I'ma get myself together to go see him." I said, going over to my dresser. "Fa'real?" He ask, clearly not liking the answer I just gave to him.

"Yeah, and either you gon' come with me or be a bitch about it and stay here." I said, looking him dead in the face. He just looked at me and walked out the room. I picked Camilla and went into the bathroom, cutting on the shower. I stripped the both of us and then got in.

After about ten minutes, we were both washed and got out. We walked into the room and I sat Camilla on the bed. I dried her off, lotioned her down, and got her dressed. Afterwards, I got myself ready. I just put her hair into a puffy ponytail and I put mine in a bun.

I grabbed her diaper bag and my purse before walking out into the living room. August sat on the couch with his bucket hat on his face. "August." I say, making him turn and look at me. He got up and walked over to me, taking the bags and picked up Camilla. We walked out of the house and out to the car.

August put the bags in the back and strapped Camilla in her seat while I got in on the passenger side. Soon after, he got in on the driver's side and started up the car. He looked at me and I looked out the window. "He at the halfway house?" He asked. I nodded and he pulled off.

The ride was quiet, except for the low tunes of the radio. Camilla fell asleep a few minutes after we pulled off. I know August was upset because I was going to see Chres but I'm glad he respected the fact that this isn't only gonna have an effect on me but this is also my baby's father. And I hope the judge doesn't give him as many years as I'm thinking he's getting. But Chresanto got himself into this shit.

I sighed, rubbing my stomach. I look over at August, "Baby...". He looks at me then back at the road. "Look I know you're probably mad but Chresanto is the father of my child. You know I love you and ain't nothing goin' change between us." I say.

A small grin made it's way onto his face, showing his dimple. "See look at that smile." I say, smiling a bit. I looked forward and seen that we were in front of the building. August got out and jogged around to my side, helping me out. Then, he went to the back and got Camilla and the bags out.

We walked into the building and up to the front desk. I asked for Chresanto August and she typed it up on the computer and picked up the phone. I sighed and waited for her to say something else. She finally hung up the phone and pointed to where we would go. We walked in the direction that she pointed and a guard he sat us at a station.

"He'll be out in a minute." The guard said before walking away. I sat in the chair while August stood up, holding Camilla. Not even five minutes after, a guard came out with Chresanto. He took his cuffs off and sat him in the chair.

Chresanto looked at me and I looked at him. He pointed to my phone and then picked up his. I hesitantly picked up my phone, putting it to my ear. It was silent since nobody chose to say nothing.

"I'm-" "Why Chresanto?!" I managed to get out, cutting him off. "I didn't mean for this to happen?" He said looking down. "So me and Cam's feelings weren't considered in what the fuck was going through your head, huh? Like we didn't fucking matter!" I said, feeling my eyes water up.

"I'm sorry, aight? I didn't even have anything to do with that shit. Just some bitch nigga snitched, saying I was there. I shouldn't be here ma'. But I won't know what's happening until my court date a month from now." He said.

"A month from now?! Why the fuck are they waiting a month for your hearing?" I asked. He shrugged, shaking his head. I wiped the tears that threatened to fall.

"Two minutes!"

I sighed and gently took Camilla from August. Camilla's eyes lit up once she saw Chres. I put the phone to her ear and she smiled, reaching out for him. "Dadadadadada!" She babbled smiling. I could tell this was taking a toll on him because his eyes started to water.

She put her hand on the glass and he put his on there too. He talked to her as he tried to hold himself together. This little moment was getting to me too. My eyes watered up as the officer came and tapped on Chresanto's shoulder. He put up one finger and looked back at us.

The officer tapped him again and he turned around mugging him. I hung up the phone and Camilla started whining, reaching for it. I waved to Chres, mouthing "I love you.". He weakly smiled as the officer pulled him up, putting his handcuffs back on and pulled him away. Camilla continued to whine as I gave her to August, while standing up.

We went home and Camilla eventually cried herself to sleep. I was exhausted and I was too upset about the whole Chresanto thing. I don't know what to think anymore. I'm just confused and everything is just so-its just so...

"It's complicated."

~~
I know y'all gonna hate me now, lol. But this book will be coming to an end soon. Approximately around chapter 30, maybe.

So Chres is in jail? How y'all feel about that?

See told y'all it wouldn't be a month before the next update . It's only been like two or three weeks... I think. But anyway....

40+ Comments.

Like, Comment, Share, Follow.

P.S. Follow me on IG: @_.publiccenemy, thanks.

Byeee lovessss!!!