Chapter 20- First Official Date

Jessica's point of view- 

I woke up snuggled to Mason, he was still asleep and looking cuter than ever, I sighed enjoying the feeling of being in his arms. It feels good to be in them after a whole year, gosh was I stupid to leave him for so long. Back then I thought getting some distance between me and him would be good because I was tired of everything, but after four months I had an empty feeling in my heart, but my dam stubbornness wouldn’t let me come back…

I would’ve stayed like this forever if it wasn’t for the fact that I needed to throw up, when I get my hands on the Critters who drugged me I will kill them! I ran to the bathroom and threw up everything that was in my stomach, while throwing up and crying I felt someone grab my hair and gently pull it back. When I was done I wiped my mouth and flushed and let Mason wrap his arms around me, “you ok?” he asked.

I nodded as he helped me stand up and brushed my teeth before walking back to the hospital bed and lying down. Mason snuggled me back into him and I sighed in content.

“I missed you,” I whispered against his chest.

“Me too,” he said back as he pecked my forehead.

A few hours later the Jackson said I was fine to go home after he gave me some medicine to take for the next couple days. Hayden still had to stay here for another few days because he had more alcohol than me. Mason took me to my old house,  I didn’t sell it because I knew one day I would return with my crew back here. I knew Nate and William were already here because of the cars outside, I just hope Mason doesn’t overreact when he sees William. He had no reason to be mad or jealous because I only had eyes for him, as cheesy as that sounded.

“Jess?!” I heard someone call out as Mason led me inside, he had one of my bags in one  hand while his other one is wrapped around my waist.

“Yeah?” I called out and watched William and Nate walk into the living room, I felt Mason tense and tighten his arm around me when he saw William.

“What’s he doing here?!” they both said at the same time.

“Mason, William is here as a friend, and William, you knew that Mason was the only one I wanted, I’m sorry,” I said before sitting down on the couch.

Mason sat down next to me and from the corner of my eye I watched as William sighed and looked at his hands before storming out of the house, I instantly felt bad, I knew I shouldn’t because I didn’t lead him on, but I still felt bad sitting here with Mason after rejecting him so many times…

I looked at my hands and was lost in thought when I noticed Mason was talking to me.

“I’m sorry, what?”

“I said what do you want to do? Nothing to extreme because you’re supposed to be on bed rest,” he said.

“Oh…um watch a movie?” I suggested.

“Perfect,” he grinned mischievously, oh no…he has something up his sleeve. I gave him a weird look as he got up and went to grab the tablet that’s connected to the  TV.

He went onto Netflix and typed in a movie I didn’t get to see because he quickly clicked it and the movie began. He went to make some popcorn, still with that creepy smile on his face, I stared after him weirdly once again.

When I looked back at the screen I immediately regretted it, we were watching The Conjuring, I mean I’ve already watched it but it still scares me every time! Plus in a house alone, well Nate was here but he was doing…whatever Nate usually does in his room.

I had grabbed the blanket that was draped over the couch and wrapped it around myself and waited for Mason to come back, when he did I snuggled up next to him while he wrapped his arms protectively around me.