Chapter 13- The Song

Mason's point of view-

It’s been about a month since Jessie's accident, I haven't left her side, only to go home and change, even the nurses and doctors know me by name now. Mr. and Mrs. Blaze or Hayz bring me food, they check in on Jessie very chance they get, although Hayz has seemed to go into depression, well more than all of us because he blames himself for all of this. We try to tell him it wasn't his fault, but he doesn't listen.

The doctors haven't said anything on her condition, if she's improving or not, just the same old 'she's stable, and I’m pretty sure she'll wake up soon,' yeah we've been hearing that since day one. 

School has been long forgotten for everyone, including her friends that she had brought back when she left, I shuddered just at the memory of her leaving. 

Everyday I talk to Jessie; I squeeze her hand or kiss her face and her lips in hope of getting a reaction, but nothing. 

Today I was trying a new thing, it was a Monday morning, everyone was out doing their own thing, but i had my everything right in front of me. 

i took out the guitar that I asked Hayz to bring me and started strumming a song that represented how I felt when Jessie left. I was going to sing her this song the day after the incident, but she left. Then again I was gonna sing her this song at my house when she came back and i kidnapped her, but then things headed in a different direction and before i knew it we were making up and kissing in my room, but anyways... this song was  me saying sorry to her.

"You've made me a better person Jessie, and for that I'm thankful and extremely sorry for all the pain i put you through before," I whispered to her before I started singing to her. 

I'm not a perfect person
There's many things I wish I didn't do
But I continue learning
I never meant to do those things to you
And so I have to say before I go
That I just want you to know

I've found a reason for me
To change who I used to be
A reason to start over new
and the reason is you

I'm sorry that I hurt you
It's something I must live with everyday
And all the pain I put you through
I wish that I could take it all away
And be the one who catches all your tears
Thats why I need you to hear

I've found a reason for me
To change who I used to be
A reason to start over new
and the reason is You

and the reason is You [x3]

I'm not a perfect person
I never meant to do those things to you
And so I have to say before I go
That I just want you to know

I've found a reason for me
To change who I used to be
A reason to start over new
and the reason is you

I've found a reason to show
A side of me you didn't know
A reason for all that I do

And the reason is you

 I couldn't stop the tears I felt rolling down my cheek when I noticed Jessie hadn’t moved at all. I put the guitar down and laid my head on her arm, where I silently cried and prayed for her to wake up so I could see her beautiful chocolate brown eyes that I love so much again, that I could feel her warmth, not this empty cold shell that I’m seeing right now. I long to feel her lips move in sync with mine, not just me moving mine against her motionless one. to hear her beautiful voice that I used to heard and to even sing with her, to hear the angelic voice sing i once heard the night before I unintentionally hurt her.

"Please come back Jessie," I cried. "Please come back to me, I need you, I miss you. I lost you once and I’m not gonna lose you again," I cried.

You know those cliché moments where you hear a person's heart stutter in the monitor, or a hand twitch, or even the one where the person opens their eyes for you, yeah well that didn't happen to me. 

All I heard was the constant beep stop and was replaced by a long beep that never ended, I looked up and my eyes couldn't move from the flat line on the screen. I moved my eyes back to the girl I loved and started screaming for her to come back, I fought off four male nurses to get back into her room when the doctors shoved me out. this can't be happening, it's a fucking nightmare and I need to wake up. 

this had to be a nightmare! any second now I will wake up with Jessie in my arms trying to wake me up from this hell,  but as i pinched myself and felt pain, as I heard the shouting on the other side of the door, the pain in my chest and then my arm when i smashed it into the wall. I screamed, but it wasn't from my hand, no it was from my heart...

My scream of pain could be heard through the halls as I choked on my sobs and sank to my knees not believing I was losing the love of my life right now, and there wasn't a single fucking thing I could do about it.....

“JESSIE!” my scream echoed through the small hospitals walls.

__________________________________________

it took me like half an hour to write this so sorry if it sucks! but i thought you guys deserved it after so many of my A/N's lol 

And who wants to cry and hug Mason? Because i know i do! 

The Reason by Hoobastank on the side>>>>>>

Comments? Vote/Follow

_larisa_