Chapter 30-Forgetful

*NOT EDITED*

Previously on TBBATB

I kissed her once more before laying my head beside the hand I was holding and took a nap, but not before thanking god for giving me back the only thing that matters to me the most. 

It's been two weeks and so far no progress has been made with Jessica, but that's ok. As long as she gets better and wakes up, she can take as long as she need to, to get better. 

Ashton came home a week ago after being discharged from the hospital he was in, wherever he was and was now back, he came to visit Jessie ever chance he could, but his parents were still wary of him getting out of bed, no matter how much he complained. So far there haven't been any known Critter survivors, my mom's been a-wall since that night. 

Hayden has been here every day to check up on Jessica, and I've never left her side. I hope she wakes up soon, but only when she's ready. I've already talked to her dad and Hayz about taking her away from here for a few months, just so she can recover from what she went through and they agreed with no hesitation. As soon as my baby girl wakes up and feels better we're leaving. I was thinking about Madrid or maybe to the Caribbeans and enjoy the sun, heck we'll go to both and then wherever else she wants to go. 

Two days later- 

"Come on man, I'll be here, go take a shower and eat something. If anything changes, you'll be the first I call," Hayden was trying to convince me to leave, but I hesitated, I didn't want to leave her and miss the chance to see her wake up. 

I sighed knowing that in the end I wouldn't win, "Fine," I grumbled as I kissed Jessie's forehead and nodded to Hayden before going home, which I was planning to sell, for a shower and then grab something to eat. 

***

I had a towel around my waist and another in hand to dry my hair when my phone rang. I rushed over and picked it up.

"Hello?" 

"..."

I checked the caller ID and it said Hayden, "Hayden? What happened? Is Jessica alright? Is she awake?" I asked in panic.

"....She's....She's awake," he whispered.

"I'll be there in 10," I rushed out hanging up before hearing him tell me to wait, but I was too excited, she was awake...finally...

I was at the private hospital in less than 10 minutes and rushed to her room, but Hayden was waiting outside, he stopped me from going inside. 

"Wait Mason!" He struggled to hold me back.

"I can't Hayden! I have to see her!" I struggled.

"Listen to me Mason! You're not ready to see what's going on!" he said as he pushed me back.

"Why the fuck not?!" I yelled out in frustration, the only thing holding me back from my princess was him! 

"She doesn't remember!" he yelled and I froze...

"What?"

"She lost her memory, about three years of her life, she doesn't remember anything after the day we turned 18," he said sadly.

"Mom and dad are in there with her, they're telling her the news." 

I didn't understand, I couldn't believe, my princess didn't remember me....

"T-this is kind of awkward, but Mason, my parents and I decided that it was best if she didn't see you for awhile," I snapped my head up.

"If she remembers you, everything will hit her at once, she could go into another coma or forget even more of her life and that isn't something my family and I are willing to risk."