Chapter 23- Tragedies

Jessica's point of view-

The next morning I woke up to find an empty bed and a note from Hayden saying he was going to question William; I really didn't want to worry about that lying son of a bitch right now so instead I checked my phone and noticed I had a bunch of notifications.

Mason was in Germany but is now back in town - Ryder

Dad also checked in saying Ashton is now stable but unresponsive. I also had five missed calls from Mason and a few texts. I decided to check the texts then call him

Hey babe, miss u! x

Babe, I’m back in town xx

Call me, love u <3

I checked the time noticed it was already noon, wow.

I pressed call and waited.

"Hello?" Mason groggily answered. I almost smacked myself for forgetting the time difference, it must be early morning over there night.

“Did I wake you?” I questioned.

“It’s alright,” he said sleepily, aw he sounded so adorable.

“You sound so adorable right now,” I cooed and I heard his husky chuckle.

"Sorry I couldn't answer, I was sleeping and I just woke up and noticed your texts and calls," I explained. 

"Are you a vampire or something? It’s 3am,”he said.

"Actually, I'm not in town right now," I said.

“Where are you?” he asked.

I hesitated for a moment trying to think of a good excuse, “Since Ashton’s in the hospital, dad asked me and Hayden to go to one of his business meetings for him,” I said.

“How is he? I heard as soon as I got home,” he said and it got me wondering where he heard it from, but then I remembered Nate must’ve told him.

“Stable, I guess, I’ll have to check up on him when I get home,” I mumbled as I stood up and stretched.

“That sucks, I wanted to hang out with my baby today,” he whined and I smiled as I rolled my eyes.

“Suck it up,” I said.

“Why can’t you suck it for me,” he said seductively.

I gulped and blushed before I hung up on him, then texted him.

U dirty, dirty boy, no more calls for u

He texted back right away, Aww :’p

Ttyl, g2g sleep well babe :* xoxo

Ok nd thanks xx

I got up and took a quick shower and grabbed a granola bar before heading to the office here, I went over some files for a few hours to try to get my mind off of things, dad had called earlier saying so far Ashton is still unconscious and nothing has changed.

“Hey sis,” I looked up to see Hayden enter the office.

“Hey, when we going home?” I asked.

“Later toni-“ he was cut off by a loud crash. Our reflexes kicked in as we took out our guns and took off the safety cocking them before heading to the door and listening.

Before we knew it bullets were being fired, we got out of the office and noticed a bloody William holding one of our men, Max I believe, by the neck with a gun at his head.