Epilogue

Previously on TBBATB

She blinked her eyes, and looked at me, something clicked in her eyes and I was confused, "Jessica?" I repeated.

Her eyes filled with tears as she stared back at me in hurt, anger, love, confusion, and the one I didn't want to happen, recognition.

"You remember." I stated.

Jessica's POV-

"You remember," Mason stated. 

I didn't respond, all I did was grab him and pull him towards me as I hugged him tight. 

He seemed shocked at first, but then he hugged me back. 

My family made him stay away, they banned him from seeing me. How could they?! More like how dare they! 

But Mason didn't give up, he may have kept his distance for some time, but he came back. He's been so sweet and caring. 

I kissed his neck, and in return he just tightened his hold on me. 

"I love you," I whispered.

"I love you too Jessie." 

I pulled away, "I can't believe my family would do this to us, to you," I sighed. 

"They were just looking out for you. I've caused you so much pain, pain I can't even imagine going through. I've hurt you too much," he said. 

I look at my lap...

"You know, at one point I did think about just leaving...leaving everything behind me and starting new somewhere else," he said staring off, deep in thought. 

I silently gasped, his statement punching me in the gut and stabbing me in the heart. I moved away.

"But I couldn't Jessie, I couldn't be away from you. I couldn't imagine a future without you in it. I just couldn't. I refuse to have a future without you. That's I decided to start over with you. To do things right. Everything I did for you on our dates, I should have done when we first met."

.....

"Let's leave," I said after a moment of silence. 

"What?" 

"Leave, let's leave. We can leave this all behind us! Please!" I pleaded. "This gang used to be my life. I used to dream of the day Hayden and I would take over, but it's already brought too much suffering to me. I can't deal with it anymore! If we ever decide to have a future together where we plan to have kids, I don't want them near this. A life filled with drugs and death. I don't want that! We'll never live in peace. We may have destroyed the Critter's, but they weren't our only enemies. More will keep coming and I can't deal with it anymore."

"When I woke up, and they told me Hayden and I were already leaders, I was so happy. I was for two months...and then you showed up. Got me thinking, I couldn't bring you into this life, it was one of the reasons why I never pressured you into meeting my family. And even now, after knowing everything, I still don't want you involved. Yes you may have the son of the Critter's leader, but you were never like any of them. Remembering everything just makes it easier for me to leave," I explained. 

He was silent, just thinking before he sighed while shaking his head.

****

I got home and slammed the door shut, letting know whoever was here that I was home and pissed. 

"You're home," Hayden said coming out of the kitchen. 

"I'm leaving," I stated. 

"Where you going?"