Chapter 37

Maggies pov

37. Jay makes arrangements for him to pick us up later and then comes back to me "Come on." I say pulling him down the street "So what's so weird?" "Oh just come on." I continue tugging him. We go around the corner and I see a drag queen in a sparkly silver dress with a huge blonde wig on "That's an interesting outfit." Jay raises an eyebrow "Yay!!!" I scream as I run over to him "Oh my gosh, I love your outfit! Can I get a picture with you?" "Oh of course dollface." his manly voice barrels out "Jay! Come take our picture!" I smile and he takes my phone. The man wraps his arm around my waist and I wrap mine around his and Jay snaps a couple pictures. "Thanks." I hug him one final time and run over to Jay "Talk about a smoker's voice." Jay wraps his arm around my waist and slides my phone in my back pocket. I look up to him and remove his hand which still hasn't left my pocket "Of course he has a deep voice." "That's a girl, it's not normal for a girl to have that voice." I stop and turn to him. I put my hands on his shoulders and look into his eyes "Okay, that girl...is a guy. He's a drag queen." I try and hold back a laugh "Wha...what?" "Let me put it in simpler terms, that is a guy. He's gay, and he enjoy's dressing like a woman." I wait for his reaction "I don't get it." he pouts "It's alright." I take his hand. He gives up on trying to understand and we start down the street "What do ya wanna do?" I ask "Uhhh...I don't know." I look around and a fashionably designed building catches my eye "Hello. Are you looking to get henna today?" a man with styled blonde hair and a French accent asks "Yeah." Jay answers. I look up at him and see him smiling "Yeah, you get one and I'll be right back." "Okay." I smile confused. He kisses me deeply and goes running down the street "So what do you want?" he asks and I blow up my cheeks trying to think "Would you like to see our book? You can chose one of those or I can do a custom one." "Can I see the book?" "Of course." he walks inside after gesturing for me to sit on the stone bench outside. I plop myself down and wait as he comes back out and hands me a binder. I open it and start looking around "May I suggest this." he points to a Japanese letter "What does it mean?" "Love." he smiles. Usually I would have flipped out that a guy was telling me to get a henna tattoo that says love, but he's obviously gay so what the heck I just smile and nod. He takes back the binder and leads me inside "Just sit down there." he gestures to a black salon chair. I sit down and he puts a bottle against my arm and starts squirting on the black gel. "So what's your name girl?" he asks snapping me back from my thoughts "Maggie." "What's his name?" "Jay." "So how long have you two been together?" "Quite a few months now." "Well, I think you two are absolutely adorable together." "Thanks." I blush "There." he finishes backing away "It looks great." I smile admiring the black symbol on my upper arm "So here's a card with instructions on what to do. And that will be thirty dollars." he finishes. I reach into my back pocket and pull out my wallet. I grab a ten and a twenty and hand it to the guy "Thanks, have a good day." he smiles and I walk out. I grab my phone from my pocket and dial Jay. It rings once...nothing, a second time...nothing, a third time "Hey babe! Owww!" he screeches "Are you okay?" I ask "Uh, yeah. Are you finished with the henna?" "Yeah." "Awww I'm sorry. I was meant to be done by OH MY CHRIST ON A BIKE that hurt!" he tells "What's going on, are you okay?" "I'm fine. Ya know the restaurant we passed on the way into town?" "Can you narrow it down?" "The one with the rainbow umbrellas outside." "Yeah, what about it?" "Grab a table and I'll meet you as soon as I can." "Okay." I say shakily "Love you bye!" "Love you too." I say before hanging up. I put my phone back in my pocket and slowly make my way back to the restaurant. "Just one?" the waiter asks as I step in the door "Two, I'm waiting for someone." "Okay, follow me please." I walk behind him and sit down at the two seated table he gestures to "Can I start you off with something to drink?" "Just water." "Okay." he walks off and I look around the restaurant. There's several groups of men in tight shirts and shorts sipping pink lemonade and a few tables filled with foreign people speaking languages I'll never understand. "Are you ready to order?" "Can I have a few minutes, he should show up soon." "Okay." he sighs walking away.

(Five glasses of water later) "Hey." a voice says from behind me. I turn around, but before I can see who it is the person's lips come crashing onto mine. With all the...practice, I have I can easily tell it's Jay. I pull away and raise an eyebrow "Where have you been?" "I'm sorry, I was in the middle of something and then got lost on the way here." "Oh, okay. What were you doing?" "Well, before you yell at me for being stupid I at least hope that you like it." he sits across from me "What?" I ask. He puts his elbow on the table so the inside of his right arm is facing me. I look at his wrist and see a tattoo I've never seen before. It's three lines and reads "Maggie" "&" "Jay" "Holy. Crap." I continue to stare forward "Do you like it?" he asks "Don't guys normally get just the name of the girl?" I ask "Well...uhhh..." he says staring at his wrist "Shit." he mumbles "It's fine, I think it's cute." I take his hand and his blushing cheeks start to fade back to pale. "Are you really hungry or do you wanna go?" I ask "Let's just go." after paying for my many glasses of water we go back out "What do you wanna do?" I ask "We should be getting back to the campsite, we need to set up everything." he sighs "Okay." we get back to the van and drive back to the campsite. We hop out of the van to find all of our camping stuff laying on the ground.

*********

So what do you guys think?

@venomTW wrote this one so tell her how much you love it and I'll update faster!!!

The more comments and votes the faster I'll update!!!!!!!!!!!

Go check out my five other stories as well!!!!!!!!

Tell @venomTW what you think of it!!! Xx